Ladies things (sorry blokes!)

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nope. I don't have periods. All hail the depo injection!! No good for you though cos you want to carry on breeding :D

exactly!!
Trying to get my bloods right so I can breed and get an **** spanking off Mother Nature herself! Thanks love!

Seriously hate being a woman at times like this! (And during birth!!!)

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
exactly!!
Trying to get my bloods right so I can breed and get an **** spanking off Mother Nature herself! Thanks love!

Seriously hate being a woman at times like this! (And during birth!!!)

I've started using the natural cycles app. You take your temperature every morning and tell it when you're on and it uses this to track when you are ovulating and when you're going to come on. You can tell it if you're trying to conceive and it will tell you which days you are fertile so you can get busy, or you tell it you want to avoid pregnancy and it tells you which days you need to use a condom.

I'm not entirely convinced by it as a method of contraception, but that's not why I started using it. I started using it because my bloods increase when I'm ovulating and when I'm pre menstrual. So I increase my basal and my bolus to deal with this, but I'm never entirely sure when I'm ovulating or when I'm going to be pre menstrual. And when I come on, I head in the other direction & am more insulin sensitive. And that is like flicking a switch, I go from being hormonally insulin resistant with pmt (which I deal with by giving more insulin) to hormonally insulin sensitive when I come on - which has caused some serious hypos when I've still got increased basals going before realising the switch has been flicked!

So I'm hoping the natural cycles, which uses temperature and ovulation tests to track exactly where you are in your cycle will help me be able to change my insulin in anticipation, rather than fire fighting.

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Super post @catapillar, thanks so much. I think I'm going to give it a try as I have no clue what is going on the week before and week of and I can't seem to get it right.

It will also be a huge help if i ever get the green light to try for a baby if my HbA1c improves.

x Carol x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh my gosh, you might have solved something for me @catapillar! I get insulin resistance at other times in the month too but never knew that ovulation could cause it. I seem to be having to adjust my basal every week so it's hard to keep good control sometimes. I also become super sensitive on my period so the app tracker sounds like a great idea.

Crystalwand

Type of diabetes
Type 1
As for mood changes I never had them always a happy bunny, but I think my hubby would strongly disagree,

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
First day back on the pill cycle and my BS is really high. I'm getting more stressed about it as the day goes on. Correction isn't working and I haven't eaten any differently. Any thoughts on if this is hormone related and it happens to anyone else? Or should I just change my pump in case it's that?