paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Hi Jason

I believe the lager with the lowest carb/sugar content is 'Coors lite' but I could be mistaken,there may be others.

Paul

charon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What's more important is what it does to you.
I had 3 pints of Grolsch and went to 10.1. An hours walk later and I was down to 4.3.

Only tried that once.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dont forget you shouldnt be looking at carbs so much in alcohol - alcohol will stop your liver releasing sugar possibly leading to hypo. if your doing anything other than sitting and drinking ie walking to pub/dancing/ 'nocternal activities' ;) you need a snack! deal with raised sugars from midday the next day :)

Mireille

Engineer88 said:
Dont forget you shouldnt be looking at carbs so much in alcohol - alcohol will stop your liver releasing sugar possibly leading to hypo. if your doing anything other than sitting and drinking ie walking to pub/dancing/ 'nocternal activities' ;) you need a snack! deal with raised sugars from midday the next day :)

So should I be looking to make sure I am ketosis as much of the time as possible?

Mireille

Mireille said:
Engineer88 said:

So should I be looking to make sure I am ketosis as much of the time as possible?

I was told by Paul-1976 that being in ketosis was good

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Depends if you are low carbing and trying to lose weight - depending on what type you are and stuff like that.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Mireille said:
Mireille said:
Engineer88 said:

I was told by Paul-1976 that being in ketosis was good

Actually I said that being in ketosis was good for me for maintaining my weight and my blood glucose levels and many others state the same,I feel better in ketosis as a fat burner as opposed to a sugar burner,my choice and not medical advice,opinion ONLY

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
I used to drink Stella and Holsten Pils and both send my B/G levels right up unfortunately. I now find that spirits, Gin, Vodka, Brandy etc mixed with Soda and lemon have no effect on B/G levels

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Hi Jasonscotland, bad news regarding the beer/lager front I'm afraid as I found out when I was diagnosed 5 years ago. Paul-1976 is correct I believe that the lowest carb lager is Coors lite but I have yet to see it in a pub. I have now given up on beer/lager as they are all too high in carbs for me, I used to drink Stella but no more and Heinaken and Carling will be the same. Try drinking wine or spirits with diet mixers or soda water and have a beer occasionally