1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Lancet devices

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Diabeticger, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Diabeticger

Diabeticger Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Using the (was using the one I got originally) but the spring is gone , luckily I have a spare one going , thing is they only come with meters included at the pharmacy and I don't need another meter, tried contacting the makers but no reply in overvalued week , are there any robust ones out there that wont cost the earth to buy and the Lancers are readily available

2. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi,

What lancing device do you use. Or more importantly what lancets are prescribed?

The devices can be obtained seperate from the meter.. If it's something like "Fastclix?"

3. Diabeticger

The one i was using was a glucoject one, I've since switched to a one touch delica plus , do companies sell these separately

4. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I've done a little search. i dern't post any links. But there is sites selling them separately. (Prices seem to vary?)

Try ringing the company? If they are anything like Roche, (my meter's makers.) they might send you a replacement for gratis..

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. alanj

alanj Type 2 · Active Member

Get your gp to prescribed a box of glucorx 3og lancets, device included or p m your address I put 2 in post but won't be to next week

6. UK T1

UK T1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi, I had a one touch delica device for years and then the cover 'hooks' snapped. I took some pictures and emailed one touch customer services and they sent a replacement within a few days. This was late last year so maybe they've got fewer people working now due to the pandemic? They sent the replacement free of charge so if you haven't had a reply maybe ring them?
    I love the device especially the size and small lancet gauge, been using them for years and years!

7. Diabeticger

Thanks everyone for the comments and offers , my pharmacy sorted me (well ordered me 2 devices) the delcia plus so should have it in a few days

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook