Lantus and NovoRapid

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Sometimes I don't remember too well.

I give Lantus in the morning, NovoRapid with meals.
Lantus is given in two adjacent sites, about 1.5-2cm apart, to get best use of it.
Then, I fear I might give NovoRapid into the same space due to being unable to remember!
Knowing Lantus 'crystallises' I'm wondering if this will cause unexpected results due to erratic absorption of the NovoRapid?
Having tried a site search, I can't find an answer.
You help will be most grateful.

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Reactions: caa lada and Struma

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
When I was on a basal and a bolus insulin I injected the basal (Lantus) in the leg and the bolus in the stomach. Injecting a lot of insulin in one area can change its activity profile, so it will take longer to fully work, or the peak will be later. Best not to inject both in the same spot. It's not because the Lantus crystallizes, it's because there's too high a concentration of insulin in that one spot.

Too many injections in one area can cause lipodystrophy, or lumpiness under the skin too. If you naturally always inject in the same little area, you need to try and vary your sites. (And remembering where you injected yesterday so you don't use the same spot today used to drive me crazy, I actually started drawing little circles on my skin with permanent marker!)

Reactions: Struma

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
When I was on a basal and a bolus insulin I injected the basal (Lantus) in the leg and the bolus in the stomach. Injecting a lot of insulin in one area can change its activity profile, so it will take longer to fully work, or the peak will be later. Best not to inject both in the same spot. It's not because the Lantus crystallizes, it's because there's too high a concentration of insulin in that one spot.

Too many injections in one area can cause lipodystrophy, or lumpiness under the skin too. If you naturally always inject in the same little area, you need to try and vary your sites. (And remembering where you injected yesterday so you don't use the same spot today used to drive me crazy, I actually started drawing little circles on my skin with permanent marker!)
Thank you. You have given me some ideas to implement. My habit at the moment is to use sites in pairs for the day. I will try moving from 'playing the piano' to 'playing the organ'!!