Lantus production problems?

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Collected my repeat prescription on Wednesday from our Surgery but it was missing my Lantus disposable pens which they said would probably be in yesterday.
I rang this morning and they said they still had no stock and that there was a manufacturing problem and they didn't know when they would get some.
Just wondered if anyone else had heard anything about this and if there is a problem, also be warned if you are getting low on stock.

Regards
Angie

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I haven't heard anything about this myself but thanks for the heads up-will have to speak to my local pharmacy about this.

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
jeves said:
I work for Boots we have no problem with this

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Glad to hear it, if my Surgery can't get any I'll ask for a prescription and get it from our local Boots then.
Had this happen in the past with my Accucheck Mobile cassettes and when I found out the truth it was a case that the supplier for the Surgery had used up all their allocation for that month and I would have had to wait until the start of the next month before I could get any.....Boots had plenty!

Regards
Angie

Doone

I've had same problem with tesco pharmacy manufacturing problem dont know when or if lantus will be available what do you do if it doesnt come back

edan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had same problem with tesco pharmacy manufacturing problem dont know when or if lantus will be available what do you do if it doesnt come back
This thread is almost 6 years old. Can you check if another pharmacy has lantus in stock and take the prescription there? I once had to switch insulin due to a manufacturing problem as no stock was available of apidra for several months, i had to get an alternative insulin prescription.