1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Lantus production problems?

Discussion in 'Insulin' started by angieG, Nov 22, 2013.

1. angieG

angieG Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Collected my repeat prescription on Wednesday from our Surgery but it was missing my Lantus disposable pens which they said would probably be in yesterday.
    I rang this morning and they said they still had no stock and that there was a manufacturing problem and they didn't know when they would get some.
    Just wondered if anyone else had heard anything about this and if there is a problem, also be warned if you are getting low on stock.

Regards
    Angie

2. paul-1976

paul-1976 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anything about this myself but thanks for the heads up-will have to speak to my local pharmacy about this.

3. jeves

jeves · Well-Known Member

Boots pharmacy has some it's not a problem?

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

4. jeves

jeves · Well-Known Member

I work for Boots we have no problem with this

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

5. scottish-jim

scottish-jim Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I collected my repeat today - no mention of any future problems.

6. angieG

angieG Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it, if my Surgery can't get any I'll ask for a prescription and get it from our local Boots then.
    Had this happen in the past with my Accucheck Mobile cassettes and when I found out the truth it was a case that the supplier for the Surgery had used up all their allocation for that month and I would have had to wait until the start of the next month before I could get any.....Boots had plenty!

Regards
    Angie

7. Doone

Doone · Newbie

I've had same problem with tesco pharmacy manufacturing problem dont know when or if lantus will be available what do you do if it doesnt come back

8. edan

edan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

This thread is almost 6 years old. Can you check if another pharmacy has lantus in stock and take the prescription there? I once had to switch insulin due to a manufacturing problem as no stock was available of apidra for several months, i had to get an alternative insulin prescription.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook