Lantus side effects

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone point me in the direction of any 'proper' research or feedback that Lantus can cause muscle aches and pains? I've read on forums that it can, but I don't think "some random stranger on a forum says so" is going to have much effect when I have a chat with the diabetes team at the hospital. Google is just coming up with the standard manufacturer stuff on side effects.

It might not be Lantus giving me problems, but as soon as I mentioned to the GP it was one of the options they started back tracking and telling me to speak to the hospital. I was trying to get them to test my vitamin D and a few other things, so wish I'd kept quiet about the Lantus actually because now nothing is being tested.

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Can anyone point me in the direction of any 'proper' research or feedback that Lantus can cause muscle aches and pains? I've read on forums that it can, but I don't think "some random stranger on a forum says so" is going to have much effect when I have a chat with the diabetes team at the hospital. Google is just coming up with the standard manufacturer stuff on side effects.

It might not be Lantus giving me problems, but as soon as I mentioned to the GP it was one of the options they started back tracking and telling me to speak to the hospital. I was trying to get them to test my vitamin D and a few other things, so wish I'd kept quiet about the Lantus actually because now nothing is being tested.
There isn't a chance you are also on a statin such as Atorvastatin?

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No - not on statins. I think I've found enough on US sites to share with the hospital hopefully.