Lantus to Toujeo

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Just wondering if there any folk on here who’ve changed from Lantus to Toujeo and if so: did you keep the same dose?

Thanks in advance!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Just wondering if there any folk on here who’ve changed from Lantus to Toujeo and if so: did you keep the same dose?

Thanks in advance!

Yes and yes! Good luck! I found it to be better and went back to one injection from the split dose I was having to take. Has a nice smooth action too.

Reactions: mountaintom

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice one. Great to hear a positive review. Did it take a while for your bg’s to settle down? I think I’m going to try the Toujeo from tomorrow onward. I just don’t want to have to deal with potential hypos or extreme highs if I can help it. Only 6 weeks diagnosed!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice one. Great to hear a positive review. Did it take a while for your bg’s to settle down? I think I’m going to try the Toujeo from tomorrow onward. I just don’t want to have to deal with potential hypos or extreme highs if I can help it. Only 6 weeks diagnosed!

The only issue was a little high for a couple of days as I was missing out an injection in the morning - Took my usual dose in the evening. Dropped the following mornings then a full Toujeo the second evening.

Reactions: mountaintom

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The only issue was a little high for a couple of days as I was missing out an injection in the morning - Took my usual dose in the evening. Dropped the following mornings then a full Toujeo the second evening.

So far so good. Just got up second day with a reading of 6.9 before breakfast. Very level.

Reactions: kev-w