Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Try not to be too apprehensive, once you done the injection a few times you'll be more relaxed about it and will feel less tense, I always injected lantus in my bum or legs rather than arms and stomach, but if you've been told otherwise just do as instructed.

Good luck and hope it all goes well.

A

asparagusp

I started Lantus about a year ago. The consultant had wanted me to start two years prior but I was very upset about the prospect for various reasons.

I am using Autoshield BD needles which means the needle is hidden. There can be a little pain occasionally but only for a second or two. Release the insulin slowly!

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It's just natural to be apprehensive before your first injection... after the first one you will find it really easy and not as hard as you thought it would be. I recall my nerves the first time and then wondered why I was nervous after I did the injection. I've been on lantus for about 6 years and I'm fine on it. Some say lantus can cause burning but I don't find that happens with me, but just be aware that is something others have experienced. I agree with advice already given, inject slowly and as instructed. I wish you the best. :)

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have to take my first insulin tomorrow
I am apprehensive , any help would be great x
I was a wee bit nervous the first time but don't think anything of it now. Even on the second day I wasn't so bothered. It doesn't hurt too much and I have a very bad sensitivity to touch called allodynia so I am very wary of this sort of thing but I can honestly say it was fine. I've been using it for three months or so now and don't give it a second thought. My only problem is having to see the diabetic nurse every month who always wants me to speak to the dietician but I'd rather do things my way a wee bit at a time.