Laser eye treatment for Diabetic Retinopathy

smithyg17

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Just looking for a a bit of advice/guidance.

I recently had a change in my left eye where new blood vessels were forming and causing damage to eye.
I got referred to a catarac unit in the hospital after going to regular appointments at the eye clinic to laser treatment on my left eye to laser off the new blood vessels.

I had this treatment yesterday morning (30/04/20) and was told that it went quite well.
Since the last night and throughout today, I appear to have blurred vision on my left eye (even when I wear my glasses and contact lenses).
Is this normal to happen?
Will the blurred vision go away?
Is there anything I can do to help the blurred vision go away?
Any help would be appreciate :)

Thanks
Graeme

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
It will take some time. I'd expect nothing different given it was yesterday

Dark Horse

Blurred vision is not unusual for a day or so after PRP laser. However, if it persists, contact your ophthalmologist to discuss.

smithyg17

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Okay that’s a bit of a relief to hear. Thanks you both for your input :)

Sjayh

Hii. I had this done.
I had blurred vision and pain in the back of my eyes for a few days/week after. It goes don't worry.
Feel free to read it on my blog... araneljay.com drop a message if you need

EmiY

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sports (excluding Olympics and Paralympics)
Hi, I'm a newbie here.
Good to know you had laser eye surgery and hopefully your vision is better.
My friend told me she has this condition with type 2 diabetes with eating disorder. I'd tell her there's hope, as she likes drawing.
Take care x

Stacy82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I had this yesterday, I can read fine close distance but any more a than 3 feet away is a blur. Anyone else experienced this?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I had this yesterday, I can read fine close distance but any more a than 3 feet away is a blur. Anyone else experienced this?

Hey, just wondering how your laser eye surgery went? Was it painful??

Biekmas83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ditto......did it solve itself?

paulmgsmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Just looking for a a bit of advice/guidance.

I recently had a change in my left eye where new blood vessels were forming and causing damage to eye.
I got referred to a catarac unit in the hospital after going to regular appointments at the eye clinic to laser treatment on my left eye to laser off the new blood vessels.

I had this treatment yesterday morning (30/04/20) and was told that it went quite well.
Since the last night and throughout today, I appear to have blurred vision on my left eye (even when I wear my glasses and contact lenses).
Is this normal to happen?
Will the blurred vision go away?
Is there anything I can do to help the blurred vision go away?
Any help would be appreciate :)

Thanks
Graeme
Sorry to bring up the past, but due to suffering something similar myself now, was wondering how your eyes are a few years later after this post was written