1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Latest Blood Results

Discussion in 'Prediabetes' started by Gezzabelle, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Gezzabelle

Gezzabelle Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Not the best results but then I didn't expect miracles as I had been eating badly after losing my husband.

I didn't get too much detail but that's nothing new as the nurse is useless. Liver, kidney and iron all normal. Blood pressure still high despite meds and to be retested in 2 months. HbA1c gone up to 45 ( 6.3)....told I am pre diabetic...well wow who knew...they told me I was diabetic several years ago lol. I expected that to have gone up so am not overly concerned as it should come down now I am eating better. Has to be retested in 6 months along with cholesterol. She offered to put me on some programme to 'educate me' ....I declined as they still expect the 'Healthy Plate' to be a huge part of it. Cholesterol up to 6.4....(got told off for that)...risk of heart attack or stroke 8%. I need to improve things and will strive to do so the best I can. Weight 9stone 8 pounds...BP 141/80....things can only get better hopefully

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Gezzabelle and welcome back, although obviously I wish the circumstances differed. I just really wanted to say I'm sorry to hear of your loss, and that I hope you have many happy memories of the time you had with your husband.

Don't be a stranger.

• Hug Hug x 1
  3. Gezzabelle

Gezzabelle Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your kind words...very much appreciated. I have to admit I have lost my way a bit with all that's happened over the last 2 years but I knew exactly where to turn.....right here on the forum. The lovely people here have seen me through some hard times in the past and I know you will again. I had 40 wonderful years with my husband and I know he would want me to take good care of myself and not give up so here I am....a work in progress and hopefully on the right track again now

• Like Like x 1
  4. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

You know, Gezzaabelle, I often rrefer to the forum as having a revolving door. It's surprising how many who leave - each for their own valid reasons, return again to rejoin where they left off.

Of course it can't be any surprise that you could have meandered a bit, in terms of your control, over rercent times. I hope you're beginning to find yourself some new routines, and hopefully as the routines embed, so will your renewed control.

Take it steady, and don't give yourself a hard time for being human.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook