Latest HBA1C result

igual88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Politicians, oysters , anything with more than 4 legs
Afternoon peeps, as part of the trial I'm on I've been given the full works blood test wise , they took 9 vials of blood lol.
Anyways nursie rang up just now to give me the first test result which was the hab1c
At diagnosis just over 2 months ago it was 78, latest result was 51.
Which I'm very pleased with.
Down side is i might not be eligible for part 2 of trial as my hbac1 has improved dramatically minimum for trial is 53 lol.
Total weight loss so far is 1 stone 5 lb or 8.6kg in modern measurements

Reactions: 13lizanne

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Afternoon peeps, as part of the trial I'm on I've been given the full works blood test wise , they took 9 vials of blood lol.
Anyways nursie rang up just now to give me the first test result which was the hab1c
At diagnosis just over 2 months ago it was 78, latest result was 51.
Which I'm very pleased with.
Down side is i might not be eligible for part 2 of trial as my hbac1 has improved dramatically minimum for trial is 53 lol.
Total weight loss so far is 1 stone 5 lb or 8.6kg in modern measurements
Hi @igual88
I would be so much "over the moon" with those results that I don't think I would be overly concerned with Part 2 of the trial. You have done amazingly well .. many congrats

igual88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done @igual88 have you been following a low carb diet?
Hiyas yes been lchf from 2 days after diagnosis, try and stay below 40-60g carbs a day
For the test it was taken after a very high carb breakfast , 2 slices of toast at 7 am and then due to them not being able to get blood from me and having to wait 2 hours for vascular peeps they said could i go grab something carby to eat, so had a burger compleat with big ass white bun ,1 and half hours later they got me to bleed, buggers at phlebotomy tried 6 times , nurse 3 times vascular peeps first go lol.
Poor arms are black and blue still hehe

igual88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hiyas yes been lchf from 2 days after diagnosis, try and stay below 40-60g carbs a day
For the test it was taken after a very high carb breakfast , 2 slices of toast at 7 am and then due to them not being able to get blood from me and having to wait 2 hours for vascular peeps they said could i go grab something carby to eat, so had a burger compleat with big ass white bun ,1 and half hours later they got me to bleed, buggers at phlebotomy tried 6 times , nurse 3 times vascular peeps first go lol.
Poor arms are black and blue still hehe
Forgot to say i do fast most days between 12 am and 12pm barring coffee, coffee and erm yeh more coffee