Latest HbA1C Results

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gone up to 5.5% or 37 mmol/mol.

My BP Tablets and Statins probably had something to do with that result. :banghead:

Testing once a day now since NHS withdrew my prescription for test strips and lancets.

That's still a great level. as you say it could be the drugs have raised it a bit.
My GP doesn't give testing kits at all :(

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@MartinK9 Well you've gone up a little since your last HbA1c, possibly due to your meds, but it's still a lot better than your figures on diagnosis last May (11.4 mmol/L). So it's good news. Well done! :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As the others have said, OK so it's gone up a bit, but still an excellent result, and as you say, your other drugs (statins) will have contributed to that.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well don't bother what they say, as long as you are getting good results! :)

Reactions: Peppergirl

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I
Many thanks all, I know it's a vast improvement on my initial diagnosis it's just my Heart consultant isn't bothered what my doctors says, my doctor isn't bothered what my diabetic Nurse says and they all aren't bothered what I say....:D
It's hard when you suffer from more than one medical condition, lots of us on here are in the same boat. Personally I eat lchf for my diabetes when I can and low residue (V.high carb) for my glamorous bowel condition :) when I have to. So far I haven't managed to get below 40 because of it, so well done to you to have achieved a HbA1c in the 30s.

MartinK9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks just my high cholesterol and blood pressure and I'll be sorted :rolleyes:

Reactions: Prem51