Latest hba1c results

Natalie1993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi everyone, i know i have posted in another thread about my latest results but i want to know what my risks are and what i should do.

My latest hba1c is 74. I feel quite down and i an struggling to find the motivation, im not getting a lot of help up here in cumbria, my brother even suggested i go down to the local hospital and say that im concerned for my health and that im not getting seen. I constantly feel stressed and fed up. What are my actual risks with my hba1c being high? Is it equivalent to 8.9% i think? Im still confused by all this and have been type 1 for 3 years now, i got mine down to a normal persons when i was living at home on a strict lifestyle but ever since i moved up cumbria its gone to 59 then 74, i think maybe because ik trying new foods and things, what would be the best think to do? Shall i push at my drs? I just want to get back on track and i feel lost until i see someone, sorry for the long post, but i appreciate any advice people have to offer, hope your all well

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Do you test after these new foods?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi @Natalie1993

Welcome.

What insulin are you on? Do you carb count? You can ask your GP to refer you to a hospital clinic for more support.