Latest Miracle Drug promotes anti ageing

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On the CNN news feed just now, a discussion on how a new drug is being promoted on podcasts and X and facebook etc that is touted to promote anti ageing and longevity. It is hitting the celebrity scene, and is selling fast.

It is also a diabetes medication that many of us here use for managing our condition, and it is becoming on short supply already. It is brand new to the greater public, but most of us recognise it as Metformin. Be prepared for this drug to become unavailable to us diabetics just like the other celebrity sweeties such as Ozempic and Trulicity.

The podcast that started this sudden rush was reporting a new study

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Edited to add
ignore my rant below. I've found it all.

From the report
"The study included 321,412 white British participants from the UK Biobank with valid genomic and phenotypic data. The researchers derived aging metrics of interest, including phenotypic age derived from chronological age and nine clinical markers, and leukocyte telomere length (LTL)"

Who or what is the UK Biobank that it has data on so many, and such detailed data? And that it then makes that data available to researchers in Hong Kong?

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I wonder if they used the metformin or the SR version?
And did the study use diabetics?

I hope there is a warning about bowel issues!

• Funny
Reactions: Outlier and Robbity

flonvic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lets hope it works for the celebrities,cos it certainly is not working for me!!