Latest update re NHS funding the Libra system

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you can prove you have kept to the DVLA advice, then it is very hard for the police to get you put in jail if someone dies while you were driving, and the police doctors say your BG was low. Otherwise, it depends on what "12 people" think when they are told by the police a child is dead due to your actions......

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
That's not the question I am asking, where does it say in writing that you have to legally test before driving. As far as I can see you don't. I asked my consultant this very question and he confirmed that it is only advisable. Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting for one moment you don't test your blood but |I get annoyed when people say that Diabetics are legally obliged to do things when in fact they aren't. Perhaps someone on this forum can once and for all confirm the legal position. Even the DVLA website says that blood testing before driving and then every 2 hours, is only advisable.

It does say on 1.2 that it is a legal requirement
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...a/file/670370/diab1-medical-questionnaire.pdf

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
That's not the question I am asking, where does it say in writing that you have to legally test before driving. As far as I can see you don't. I asked my consultant this very question and he confirmed that it is only advisable. Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting for one moment you don't test your blood but |I get annoyed when people say that Diabetics are legally obliged to do things when in fact they aren't. Perhaps someone on this forum can once and for all confirm the legal position. Even the DVLA website says that blood testing before driving and then every 2 hours, is only advisable.

Pretty sure it does say in writing that it is a legal requirement on the DVLA web site
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...a/file/670370/diab1-medical-questionnaire.pdf

Page 2, question 1.2

Copernicus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Re Boots supplying to above poster at cost price. I have contacted 4 local Boots pharmacies and they have all quoted me £62 per sensor. When I pointed out that I could buy them from the manufacturer for less than that, the stock reply was "We have overheads you know" Good luck to anyone getting them cheaper, looks like you are screwed no matter which way you t urn.

Reactions: porl69