Lc breakfast ideas

Shazza41

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi everyone

I have my breakfast in work Tuesday-Friday so I am looking for some LC ideas I can have in work for breakfast. Eggs, bacon etc are great ideas but they aren't exactly portable. Any help would be great. Thanks

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Cold meats (salami, pastrami) and cheese.

Reactions: 2 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What about these 9 bars I've seen people talk about on here, are they good for breakfast? I can't stomach most things for at least 2 hours after getting up but I'm getting liver dump in the mornings but I could manage something like a snack bar with my first cuppa..

shedlover111

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to butt in on your post but Breakfast is my main problem with low carbing.................its gotta be quick and easy and ideally involve no clearing up as I dont even open my eyes before getting into work, has anyone tried 9 bars for Breakfast?? I would love to know the effects etc....I think I could manage to unwrap a couple of bars in the morning, provided they were not too loud!!

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
They seem to be about 20 carbs a bar? That is quite high for what you get so if you ate a couple.....

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What about these 9 bars I've seen people talk about on here, are they good for breakfast? I can't stomach most things for at least 2 hours after getting up but I'm getting liver dump in the mornings but I could manage something like a snack bar with my first cuppa..
Some of the 9bars are Lower I carbs than others... Check out their website. I find them great for breakfast as an emergency or when I don't have time for something substantial. I love the peanut and flak ones myself.

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
They seem to be about 20 carbs a bar? That is quite high for what you get so if you ate a couple.....
Hi just for info the 40gram peanut bars are 10g cho each & sold in Morrisons in packs of 4 & the original bars are 11.5g cho I think & sold in Sainsburys in packs of 4. The ones in Holland & Barrett are 50g size so have more carbs! I love them & they don't seem to spike me. Yum!

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I checked out their website and the breakfast bars, which is where the 20 carb figure came from. Good to see some are lower.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are only 2 types on the tesco website which is where I looked, Original and Pumpkin both 11.something.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have linseed muffins:

180g milled linseed
60g ground almonds
4tsp cinnamon
4tsp baking powder
8tbsp Splenda
4 eggs
A few glugs of veg oil
Enough Almond milk to bring it to a liquid texture

Bung in the oven for 25 mins. Depending on the size, they have around 2g per muffin.

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Sam, can you freeze the muffins or do they keep in an airtight container for a day or two?

Ali

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I'm seriously insulin resistant. Combine that with dawn phenomen and I can't eat carbs at breakfast. I often have a couple of frankfurtas heated in the microwave, of a piece of crustless quiche (home made), even just some cheese sometimes at weekends.

I made a 3 min microwave cake last night and did think that could be stored and eaten as breakfast if I wanted.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Sam, can you freeze the muffins or do they keep in an airtight container for a day or two?

Ali
I keep them in a fridge, in an open Tupperware and I've had them 5 days after cooking and they're fine. I don't know what they'd be like out of the fridge, sorry, but I imagine they'd be fine for a day or two.