LCHF and a Dietician consultation

Doriand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Political Correctness
I've had my first Dietician consultation since adopting the LCHF lifestyle. I was expecting a confrontation with her I so armed myself with information with Ancel Keys and his Diet-Heart and Lipid Hypothesis, Prof. Tim Noakes and his battles with dieticians.
All that knowledge was not needed as she pretty much agreed with my diet choice and was happy that my BSL was under control. She did say that the information she got during her university days are somewhat different to what it is now.
Hopefully, more and more health professionals will be more open minded about LCHF from now on

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've had my first Dietician consultation since adopting the LCHF lifestyle. I was expecting a confrontation with her I so armed myself with information with Ancel Keys and his Diet-Heart and Lipid Hypothesis, Prof. Tim Noakes and his battles with dieticians.
All that knowledge was not needed as she pretty much agreed with my diet choice and was happy that my BSL was under control. She did say that the information she got during her university days are somewhat different to what it is now.
Hopefully, more and more health professionals will be more open minded about LCHF from now on
I am findung much less 'hostility' towards LCHF from my care team too. As you say, show them the results, and it is a pretty effective muffler. My Dietician just asked me the obvious questions about possibly needing supplements for B12 , D3, zinc,. magesium etc, but when I showed that my green leafy veg intake was increased by the diet, this was deemed OK. I am now discharged from dietician with the mantra carry on doing ehat you are doing. GP said same.

The health visitor I saw for my annual diabetes review was very pro too, and we had a good discussion on LCHF and statins and how things were changing so rapidly. Very positive

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I certainly hope so. It's a step forward.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very encouraging from your consultation.
My last review with a diabetic nurse, was, "great results, how did you do it ? LCHF... OMG you can't do that !!!"
I've got another review at the end of November. I wonder how that will go.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
When I saw the doctor last week (thyroid problems) he asked what I had done to bring my BG levels down. I told him LCHF and he said that was good and doctors are now realizing that they had given the wrong advice. So the word is getting out there, albeit, slowly.