LCHF COOKERY BOOK RECOMMENDED THAT

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Can you recommend a cookery book on LCHF foods. There are so many out there, I would like to know which works for you.
Thanks Beryl

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've never used a specifically low carb one - I've sometimes used our low carb recipes section here, found suitable recipes by searching elsewhere online .or simply adapted many of my normal recipes by cutting out the high carb ingredients.

Diet Doctor (which is much more informative now than it used to be), has a great selection recipes, and I also find since I shop with them that many of the recipes on Ocado are good starting points - often as they stand, or sometimes with just a little tweaking.

But low carb food needn't be either difficult or complicated, there are all sorts of simple, healthy meals which don't actually need a recipe, that you can make with some meat, poultry or fish, low carb veggies, a dollop of butter or oil for cooking them with, and a few herbs or spices if you want to liven things up a bit.

Robbity

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Thanks for your help. I want to get the cookery book for a friend.

Charly1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi

My wife recently bought me Vickerys cookbook for diabetics working with UK Diabetes. Should be expensive but bought in Works at garden centre very cheap. Reasonable recipes but gives the carbs for each meal. So I adapt the recipes for myself but it is quite informative

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I’d recommend ‘The Real Meal Revolution’, Tim Noakes et al. There is a full chapter of the hard science behind LCHF, but also some excellent recipes and not too complicated. But if you want complex, special event recipes, agree Tom Kerridge’s Dopamine Diet is good, but don’t accidentally buy the new one.