LCHF diet story so far

craig0121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Start of week 4 of the LCHF diet.
So at the big weigh in this morning the big number 13 has gone from the start of the display so I am now down to 12s 13 lb from 13s 12 so well chuffed. Have a good day everyone

Reactions: 9 people

humphreydog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done Craig, keep up the good work :)

my tracker now saying HBA1C of 43.5 :) Low carb works !

Went to TGI Fridays on a xmas do. Had 5 Bacardi diet cokes, plate of shrimp with jack daniels sauce and full rack of ribs with sauce ! declined chips and had salad with it instead. was dreading doing my readings. 7.2 after 2 hours !!! Did go up to 8.2 then 8.0 following day but still really happy with this . back to 6.6 today :)

Now got to face the curry house xmas eve - I AM having a garlic naan and I don't care what I spike up to !! I will be good rest of xmas as not going out again so can control what I eat far easier .

humphreydog.

Reactions: 3 people

craig0121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wel we have to live. I intend to do this LCHF till I see what my hba1c is in February. Then if it's very good I'm going to start carbs again very slowly perhaps 1 a week and see if or what spikes and what's good.

craig0121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But I will be having a roast potato and a Yorkshire pudding Christmas Day and maybe a tot or 2.
Let's all get on diabetes's back and try and kick it in the ass.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
LCHF is working for me too - I was diagnosed Type 2 at the start of October with an HbA1C of 53. After 9 weeks I had a repeat test, it has gone down to 49 and I've lost nearly half a stone :) Well done everyone, there's some serious butt kicking going on here!

Reactions: 7 people

craig0121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well Santa had things in his sack that he shouldn't have. But it was one day so I thought treat yourself so this is what I had tut tut.
6 roast potatoes, a trifle, some fruit cake and for my tea I had 2 slices of white bread and a bag of marmite flavour crisps and it was lovely to just feel a bit human for a change. But back on the LCHF now till around the 14th of Feb till hba1c test. Oh and I'm not doing a big weigh in as I don't want to stress myself and feel bad about it. So till next week be good people.

Reactions: 3 people

craig0121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And well done Diamum5972 you keep kicking but do remember a little and I mean little of what you fancy once in a while isn't going to kill you.

Reactions: 5 people

humphreydog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
well after my curry and a full garlic naan and at least 6 bacardis I read 7.5 !!! xmas day was a washout for me, family issues meant I had a fast day !!!!!!!! I was 8.5 boxing day morning though - think stress played a big part in that !
been good since and was 6.9 this morning, best result I've had first thing so well chuffed.

I'm convinced I have this under control now and as long as I stick to the low carbs I will manage this just fine. Sticking to low carb is even getting easier - I had two large slices of diabetic mixed berry pavlova last night ! delicious and still got best ever morning result !!

snacking is now sorted - 85% + chocolate or piece of cheese, bag ( or two) of pork scratchings or large handful of mixed nuts !

I tried a bag of baked wotsits - used to love them and would eat 3 bags at once. They tasted funny and I didn't really enjoy them - strange cos I was ssooooooooooooo looking forward to scoffing them !! think my taste buds have changed !!

And finally, another notch less on the belt this morning !! My 36 Inch work pants are falling off me !!

so its all good - keep up the good work everyone !!

Humphreydog

Reactions: 8 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
And well done Diamum5972 you keep kicking but do remember a little and I mean little of what you fancy once in a while isn't going to kill you.
Thanks, I was a bit naughty on Christmas Day and had a Yorkshire pud with dinner and a mince pie with a cuppa afterwards lol That will do me till next Christmas :)

Reactions: 5 people

craig0121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone I'm not on here much now but just thought i would share with you that the LCHF diet does work if you can tolerate it. My hba1c in November was 72 that's 8.8 and today I have had results from last weeks test and now 52 that's 6.9. I'm well chuffed. I also stopped taking statins and cholesterol is 5 so can't complain.

Reactions: 2 people