kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being so high I can barely open my eyes :(
Hi Everyone

Last night was a contender for the worst night's sleep ever. Around 5pm yesterday my right calf started itching intensely and sort of hurting. This turned into the most annoying 12 hours that I can remember and I've been type 1 for 14 years. I can only describe it as someone running a 5 inch nail down the inside of my the full length of my calf and continuing to right under my last two little toes. Its like the worst itch that you can't reach and I idn't get a minutes peace with it. Has slightly eased off this am , has anyone ever had this? I was running high for a few hours yesterday (18-20) at work but managed to regain control around 9pm when I dropped back down to 7 but its certainly not the first time I've been high, infact my control has only improved significantly (consistent numbers under 10) in the last few weeks. :roll: But my HBA1C has never been about 8 and was 7.1 at the last result which is my best ever.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Karen

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
An update, just been to the Docs and its acute neuropathy

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sounds awful Kareeta, Net doctor says the following about Acute Neuropathy:

''Acute neuropathy (neuritis) usually disappears once the diabetes is under control. It often presents as a burning sensation in the feet and is especially bad at night and can interrupt sleep''.

Hope you have a better nights sleep tonight!

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks for responding Noblehead.

I hope so, I'm now in possession of some sleeping tablets just in case :?

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
MaryJ said:
Hope you had a better night last night kareeta

Mary x

Morning Mary

Thankyou for asking, I took my sleepers as a last resort so that I could grt a few hours before work this am. Onwards and upwards. Feel rather down but it will get better :| x

Knightwatch

I am Type 2 Diabetic and have had Pain/Itch in my feet/ankles for about 12 months now, and have spoken to GP/Consultant/Podiatrist, I am advised that medication can be given to ease same, however as I also have a renal condition the medications I am allowed are strictly controlled. Just last week out of the blue my right leg above ankle level sarted causing Pain/Itch and as I was seeing Consultant I spoke to him, he checked the MOT Blood results and said all was OK, and basically had to put up with the problem. The pain/itch is worse when weather is cold and damp, sources tell me that raising your feet should help, although I find moisturising cream is of great benifit. I will be seeing Diabetic Nurse next week and will see wither Diabetic Stockings would help otherwise it looks like another problem to live with :D

cyclopse180

i find that i get this after i have had a bad day with my sugars at long last i now know the name of it and can go back to my doctor with a name as they have not been helpful with it til NOw

philmco

T2 3 years.
I googled burning feet some months before I was diagnosed but got no clues at all about my condition.
I pass my 6 month check every time but I do get the mysterious leg itch quite often, Eumovate cream helps with this for me.

I am not a slave to my test kit! Should I be?

bharatham

Knightwatch said:
I am Type 2 Diabetic and have had Pain/Itch in my feet/ankles for about 12 months now, and have spoken to GP/Consultant/Podiatrist, I am advised that medication can be given to ease same, however as I also have a renal condition the medications I am allowed are strictly controlled. Just last week out of the blue my right leg above ankle level sarted causing Pain/Itch and as I was seeing Consultant I spoke to him, he checked the MOT Blood results and said all was OK, and basically had to put up with the problem. The pain/itch is worse when weather is cold and damp, sources tell me that raising your feet should help, although I find moisturising cream is of great benifit. I will be seeing Diabetic Nurse next week and will see wither Diabetic Stockings would help otherwise it looks like another problem to live with :D

Yes. True. I too have the same problem. My doctor said at the time of diagnosis and starting of treatment itself that life will be miserable with diabetes and it is going to stay with you until you are dead. I am a pre diabetic type 2 patient for the past 4 years. I was attributing all symptoms to old age until I was diagnosed as diabetic. May be due to the wetness during rainy season , the problem is more. (of burning sensation in feet.)