Leg Pain?

stephiesut

Ok might be a random one. I was diagnosed t2 2 years ago and am on insulin. My bloods are very high at the moment as am changing insulin. They range between late teens and mid twenties. Anyway yesterday out of the blue i started getting awful pain in my left thigh, a really nasty cramping burning pain. I havent injured it, there is no sign of injury (i dont inject there either) and it doesnt feel like a pulled muscle. Has anyone experienced anything like this before and is it likely to be diabetes related? I may be slightly paranoid as my dad had to have his leg amputated due to diabetes complications. I am due to see my dsn on thursday. My foot on that leg is really cold too (even though i am indoors and wearing wooly socks!)

Reactions: 2 people

JanetDavis69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Illness, dishonesty, lies, deceit, medications,computers that do not work properly, and trades people being late or waiting in for someone who does not arrive.
Hi,

I know that I am not being very helpful but I get severe cramps in my feet all the time but suddenly out of the blue, like yourself I got vice like cramp in my thigh that I screamed in agony. I could have sworn that someone was ripping it off my leg. So I hope we both don't get anymore of those.Also I can't imagine that you're leg will need cutting off as surely you would notice a change in colour before something that drastic needed to be done, I would think. I have some ideas about the cramps but I can't say anything in case I am wrong and I don't want to worry anyone about something I might be way off base with. My feet are always freezing too, weird when I am very hot upstairs so to speak but my feet feel like they belong to someone else,lol. I have no idea what my bloods are as I can't get to my doctors as I am housebound and they have not offered me any other solution so I carry on not knowing and feeling very ill all the time. Maybe you would be nice enough to let me know how you get on and what the nurses ideas are in relation to our legs cramping like that.

Janet

kazC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi

how did you get on at the doctor?? Just come across your post.

TBH, I would probably get checked out ASAP if my foot went cold like that. So unlikely to be anything serious, but better safe than sorry. If you have trouble getting seen anywhere, always drop 'diabetic' into the conversation.

Hope all is ok.

Lesley60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude, arrogant, mean people.
I'm type 2 and on metformin twice a day. My left leg really aches from the hip down to my foot several times a week. Last week it ached like mad continuously tues-sat. I hardly slept.
Also both my feet get cold easily and then its hard to warm them up. I wear socks and slippers and they still feel cold. I also get a creeping sensation in my toes... it's as if I'm stretching my toes out straight.. but they're not physically moving. I'm too scared to get all this checked out by my doctor in case I get told bad news! Thing is my bg level varies between 5.2 - 7.6 depending on what I've eaten but I've never had a bg reading in double figures. Even just before I finally got diagnosed type 2 in 2012 my highest reading was 9.3.
I'd like to hear if anyone else has similar experiences. Especially type 2's.

K

Kat100

Prior to being diagnosed leg pain was really painfull ..
Hardly notice it now ..two years on this month ...
Somedays pain glares up or muscles hurt ...that may or may not be related .....
Gp should be able to help you if it really painfull ...

Yes hands and toes and nose can get very very cold ....

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok might be a random one. I was diagnosed t2 2 years ago and am on insulin. My bloods are very high at the moment as am changing insulin. They range between late teens and mid twenties. Anyway yesterday out of the blue i started getting awful pain in my left thigh, a really nasty cramping burning pain. I havent injured it, there is no sign of injury (i dont inject there either) and it doesnt feel like a pulled muscle. Has anyone experienced anything like this before and is it likely to be diabetes related? I may be slightly paranoid as my dad had to have his leg amputated due to diabetes complications. I am due to see my dsn on thursday. My foot on that leg is really cold too (even though i am indoors and wearing wooly socks!)
S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi sounds like it could be neuropathy I an t2 three years in and on small amount of lantus insulin and tablets. Although well controlled now at time very ill with levels over 30! and docs reckon that's when damage was done has improved with better control and take pregablin for pain relief have had similar pain plus tingling in feet and lower legs hope this helps

Kimberley70

I'm type 2 and on metformin twice a day. My left leg really aches from the hip down to my foot several times a week. Last week it ached like mad continuously tues-sat. I hardly slept.
Also both my feet get cold easily and then its hard to warm them up. I wear socks and slippers and they still feel cold. I also get a creeping sensation in my toes... it's as if I'm stretching my toes out straight.. but they're not physically moving. I'm too scared to get all this checked out by my doctor in case I get told bad news! Thing is my bg level varies between 5.2 - 7.6 depending on what I've eaten but I've never had a bg reading in double figures. Even just before I finally got diagnosed type 2 in 2012 my highest reading was 9.3.

Kimberley70

Hi not been on here before, but with your pain I had the same also down my right arm, had a nerve test it was peripheral neuropathy, go and get checked out.