Leg rash

100nettie

I have a worsening leg rash that the doctors cannot fathom out. I'm type 2 diabetic, on Glucophage and Januvia.

It started across the top of my feet, spread around to the sides and is now spreading slowly up my lower legs. The rash is composed of tiny, purple spots.

Does anyone know what this might be? Possibly vasculitis? I'm being investigated for possible Sjorgren's syndrome at the moment, I also have chronic anaemia, chronic sinusitis, hypothyroidism, ibs, dry eyes and a very dry mouth.

I'm currently being treated for a blockage in my salivary gland that has led to a very painful infection of the glands under my jaw.

I'm just wondering if all of my symptoms might be part of some larger thing, and worried that no one seems to be looking at it as a whole.

Does anyone have any ideas, or have you had anything similar?

viv1969

Ask your Dr to send you for a blood test specifically to see if you are Vitamin K deficient.
It is rare to become deficient, but it does happen ( I know...it happened to me). 1 single injection of Vitamin K was the answer. K is a vitiamin that cannot be got from foods etc. We are usually given an injection of it at birth.

The main symptom I had was a rash (pin-prick type rash) witch crept up my legs, then arms.
Since the injection I have had nothing further (and that was about 12 years ago)