Legoland Ride Access Pass

Katieemmahope

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cheese, mushrooms, early mornings
Has anyone had any luck persuading anyone to write them a letter to enable access to a Ride access pass at a theme park? I am anxious about being unable to access my stuff slash the loos by being in long queues. I'm in South Wales and have access to the Royal Glamorgan. We're due to go to Legoland Windsor on the 10th July and I'm concerned I haven't thought about this early on enough.

The wording they use is as follows:

"If you believe you are unable to stand in a queue line for any other reason, we are happy to arrange a Ride Access Pass upon presentation of a letter from a professional body (e.g. a Nurse or a BUPA Healthcare Advisor) or your GP or Consultant on header paper (dated within the last 24 months) which clearly states that you are unable to queue and why (we do not need a letter of diagnosis). This, or any of the documentation above, must be presented alongside valid photographic ID for the named recipient."

Last edited:

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone had any luck persuading anyone to write them a letter to enable access to a Ride access pass at a theme park? I am anxious about being unable to access my stuff slash the loos by being in long queues. I'm in South Wales and have access to the Royal Glamorgan. We're due to go to Legoland Windsor on the 10th July and I'm concerned I haven't thought about this early on enough.

The wording they use is as follows:

"If you believe you are unable to stand in a queue line for any other reason, we are happy to arrange a Ride Access Pass upon presentation of a letter from a professional body (e.g. a Nurse or a BUPA Healthcare Advisor) or your GP or Consultant on header paper (dated within the last 24 months) which clearly states that you are unable to queue and why (we do not need a letter of diagnosis). This, or any of the documentation above, must be presented alongside valid photographic ID for the named recipient."

Hi Katie, is this just because of your type 1 diabetes or do you have another condition going on? Why would you not be able to access your stash in a queue? I suppose if you were subject of sudden hypos or of feeling unwell with low glucose levels then that may suffice for a pass but you'd hardly be waiting in a line for a ride with all that going on. Could you tell us why specifically you want a ride access pass? The hardest thing would be trying to persuade a Health Care Professional to write you a letter saying you can't queue because of diabetes. If you do manage it please tell us how!! :)

Reactions: Katieemmahope

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But in a queue you’d have your bag of supplies wouldn’t you? Why the desperate need for a loo for diabetes?

The last time I went to a theme park you put your bag in a locker at the loading point of the ride after the queue or on the concourse on the far side of the carriage to collect afterwards. A small bumbag could go on rides with you to preserve a small stash for emergencies (with more in the car).

Sorry if I’m missing something but I don’t see how you “need” it (but understand it would be nice). Perhaps that’s being t2 not t1 and apologies if so.

Katieemmahope

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
When I was younger and newly diagnosed, somehow and for some reason, I used to be granted faster ride access at Thorpe Park, which just made the whole day much less stressful. I think it was something to do with my helicopter parent mother organising things.....

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was younger and newly diagnosed, somehow and for some reason, I used to be granted faster ride access at Thorpe Park, which just made the whole day much less stressful. I think it was something to do with my helicopter parent mother organising things.....
Possibly comes under the heading of “nice to have if you can swing it” rather than necessary??

Reactions: sleepster

Katieemmahope

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Possibly comes under the heading of “nice to have if you can swing it” rather than necessary??

That may be the case.... guessing no one has had any luck then

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
Sounds like you're using diabetes as excuse to get special privileges , I wouldn't stoop so low !

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

It's probably different if you're a kid as it's harder for a child to manage their diabetes in terms of recognising pending hypos, being organised and stressing out standing in a long queue full of excitement etc. It's a personal thing but I really wouldn't feel right jumping the queue as an adult because of having type 1. Let us know how you get on though, I'm interested to see whether you get your letter.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I have to admit I'm not realy into theme parks.
But I have been to massive events where queuing is just a "we're all in this together" making it part of the anticipation leading up to.... (in my case possibly, checking out a band live..)

So to put this in perspective. It seems the pass scheme is more a "virtual queue?"
There can/could still be a wait. The "pass" just holds your place..

Info can be found here. Which also outlines the principle. Hope this helps?
https://www.legoland.co.uk/security-privacy-legal/terms-conditions/rides-access/

ROE100

To be honest not a theme park kind of person but I have never considered using my diabetes to in esence jump the queue because I may have an issue. Please note I am not trying to have a go so if you think this is right for you then ask.

Just to note I have twice used diabetes sort of to assist in lifein my 33+ years.

Once just as Covid kicked off I was outside the bank in usually warm weather - felt ok about an hour later still in the queue only a little bit of movement closer to the door started to feel low - ate by sweets, 20 minutes later no effect (warm weather often effects me) ate another packet of sweets (my last packet). Then the staff started to move the older generation down to the front as this was company policy which is fine I understood. So as the staff member walked back up the queue I just made the comment you are aware there are people with hidden issues, so we had a chat - she asked me to prove it - at the time I was using a libre so didn't have to get my test kit out so showed her the graph and the red readings. At this point I wasn't expecting to be moved to the front but see moved me to the very front and I got into the bank. Got back to my other stash of food in the office close by and had more food.

The other time was at a Bruce Springteen concert, before we went had a really low moment (maybe too excited about seeing Bruce again) I was fully aware at the venue you were not allowed to take anything in in terms of sweets or drinks unless a medical reason. So in the queue - asked the question do you have any food, drinks - yes but have for medical reason - asked to step aside to be assessed by a medical team. So we waited with another person who wanted to take some water in beciase he needed it but when asked didn't or couldn't advise what his medical condition was so told no but advise where the free water stations where. Got to me I'm diabectic so need these - yes no problem and off we went - please note I did have a bit more food than I needed so yes I did bring in food for our whole party so yes did cheat the system.

Katieemmahope

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sounds like you're using diabetes as excuse to get special privileges , I wouldn't stoop so low !

Not sure I'd say that.... I assumed others were doing it.... like I say, it's been a long time since I went to Thorpe park with my family, but that's what happened there.... I thought it was a larger thing. But thank you for your kind words :D