Let down by the system

Lady-of-Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I'm a newbie to this forum but am in need of some advice so apologise if this is in the wrong section.

I'm a Type 2 but its diet controlled after being "poisoned" by increasing metformin and it sending MS into freefall by who I percieve by an incompetent nurse, but that by the by

The reason I've joined is because of my eyes.

Every year I have my retinopathy exam, and have had no problems, its see you in 12 months. As an adjunct to this as I wear glasses I book in for my annual eye test. 2013 and 14 no problems, in 14 my eyes had actually improved from the previous year.

In December I had my hospital check, and went into Specsavers to book my test, I usually use Vision Express but their frames the previous year were awful. They said no as the optician had stated 2 years. I argued with them but they said no. Rang round and as the optician had put that no dice. My MP was surprised as he was under the impression it was annually.

Fast forward to last weekend, had a minor malfunction with glasses and need a new pair but wasn't going to have old prescription. VE couldn't do a test, nor Specsavers so went to Boots, the old D&A. Thought it went really well, slight deterioration on long distance.

Then the BOMBSHELL Theres problems, glaucoma, perhaps a cataract starting and as they didn't have the pictures from 2014 an abnormality which may or many not be something as the comparison isnt available sp being referred to hospital

I am gutted, I've taken care of my eyes throughout my life, and even more since living in Kent. Its sent me into a deep depression and its affecting the MS with stress.

I've had to order new glasses as these I have are living on a thread.

Now in fighting mode. Have contacted VE and its going through professional services because I can't wait for a referral from doctor, my health is deteriorating hour by hour to see a consultant. I'm not touching my local hospitals, I am going to London.

Where should I go from here?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I'm a newbie to this forum but am in need of some advice so apologise if this is in the wrong section.

I'm a Type 2 but its diet controlled after being "poisoned" by increasing metformin and it sending MS into freefall by who I percieve by an incompetent nurse, but that by the by

The reason I've joined is because of my eyes.

Every year I have my retinopathy exam, and have had no problems, its see you in 12 months. As an adjunct to this as I wear glasses I book in for my annual eye test. 2013 and 14 no problems, in 14 my eyes had actually improved from the previous year.

In December I had my hospital check, and went into Specsavers to book my test, I usually use Vision Express but their frames the previous year were awful. They said no as the optician had stated 2 years. I argued with them but they said no. Rang round and as the optician had put that no dice. My MP was surprised as he was under the impression it was annually.

Fast forward to last weekend, had a minor malfunction with glasses and need a new pair but wasn't going to have old prescription. VE couldn't do a test, nor Specsavers so went to Boots, the old D&A. Thought it went really well, slight deterioration on long distance.

Then the BOMBSHELL Theres problems, glaucoma, perhaps a cataract starting and as they didn't have the pictures from 2014 an abnormality which may or many not be something as the comparison isnt available sp being referred to hospital

I am gutted, I've taken care of my eyes throughout my life, and even more since living in Kent. Its sent me into a deep depression and its affecting the MS with stress.

I've had to order new glasses as these I have are living on a thread.

Now in fighting mode. Have contacted VE and its going through professional services because I can't wait for a referral from doctor, my health is deteriorating hour by hour to see a consultant. I'm not touching my local hospitals, I am going to London.

Where should I go from here?

Did anyone state that your potential glaucoma and thyroid were definitely related to diabetes?

Dark Horse

Glaucoma is a slow-moving disease, very treatable and as you have been having regular eye tests it would be at an early stage. Similarly, it can be many years before a cataract affects vision enough to warrant cataract surgery. Did they say what/where the abnormality was?