Letter telling me must use new meter

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had a trial of the MyLife Pura X (X differs by colour from the normal one, from what I can tell). Their brochure says that it's the most accurate meter. And according to the list given earlier in this thread they are the second cheapest test strips. So obviously, that's two big plusses.

The big downside for me unfortunately is that the carry case has a poor design. The Contour meter that I currently use and the One Touch Ultra I had before, both had a mould in the carry case where the meter would sit, so you could test without needing to touch the meter itself. This is a big plus for me so that I can test discretely and also test whilst out and about, walking around town etc. The Pura has no such mould, instead a meshed pocket for it to sit. Worse still, there is a black band of lining that completely covers the part of the screen where the result is and it's quite fiddly to to a test with the meter there as the test strip pot gets in the way.

I contacted MyLife about this and they said that they don't do any other carry cases, but will pass my concerns onto the design team. I probably will go for it because of the good points listed above, but I've still not made my mind up.

Brochure link:
http://www.mylife-diabetescare.co.uk/tl ... int-en.pdf