1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Levels 29

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Piper1775, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Piper1775

Piper1775 Type 2 · Member

My levels at the moment are around 29, how high does it have to b to b dangerous

2. Wayne78

Wayne78 Type 2 · Active Member

Your are well in the danger zone already.
    please visit the nearest doctor to get assistance,
    you need to carefully review the type of foods you are having. it would be good if you tell us what you are having and like to have.

3. 4ratbags

4ratbags Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It is dangerous now and you must be feeling really horrible. If you havnt already been to your GP I would get there asap.

4. Mike d

Mike d Type 2 · Expert

Read your profile and please get some help. Those figures need to be cut and by quite a bit. Reckon I know why so work with us and we'll work with you. Mike :)

5. Piper1775

Piper1775 Type 2 · Member

I hav had a chest infection that is y my doc says because I'm on antibiotics and steroids, am at round bout 13 now but still feel pretty awfull, my doc gave me novo rapid to take on top of my humulin and victoza, I am taking wat he said to but still at around 13-15. I don't want to take anymore as I just put weight on and am trying to loose it, which is already hard as am also in a wheelchair

6. jamesfitz

jamesfitz Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My blood sugar level was 30 when i got hospitalised with dka so i would definitely recommend seeing a gp urgently.

7. Neemo

Neemo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My mum has both Insulin dependent diabetes and asthma. On several occasions during the last few years she has had chest infections. The doctor prescribed her steroids to alleviate her asthma, unfortunately the steroids have an incredibly adverse affect on sugar levels/Insulin sensitivity.

Unfortunately it was/is a catch 22 situation, she was having difficulty breathing so needed the steriods, but this in effect had a profound effect on her sugar levels.

I had to urge her to continue taking large correction doses, which were not having the normal effect (insulin sensitivity caused by steroids), but through consistent testing and repeated correction doses, she managed to mitigate the effects of the steriods.

Its really important that your levels don't stay this high for long periods.

Hope you're feeling better.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook