Levels all over the place again.

LaughingHyena

Arghh, I seem to be back to my levels being all over the place again. Back in Sept I seemed to be comming to the end of my honeymoon and was having trouble getting my insulin does sorted. I thought I'd cracked it till I got a misserable colds in December that seemed to last for weeks. Now I feel like it's all gone out of the window and I can't get any sort of control again.

Tomorrow is my annual check up with the nurse at the GP and next week I see the consultant at the hospital so till then I'm going to try and keep more detailed food & excercise logs and see if I can sort out any patterns.

Does anyone else go through this phase where it feels like what worked a few weeks ago suddenly stops? Is this still part of the early stages and will it eventually settle down?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good idea to record everything in a log so they can suggest areas in which to improve your control, good luck and hope all goes well :)

A

Anonymous

I'm going through one at the moment. I've had a bit of a cold - just tired and a bit achey - and my levels have jumped 2 points at every reading.

Got a reading of 11.7 at the 2 hr point yesterday after a pretty low carb meal.. :eh: