1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Levemir!

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Nutty72, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Nutty72

Nutty72 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Evening all,

Levemir is normally taken by daughter at 8pm, is there a safe window to postpone it to? Say 9:30?
    Have read all the info that came with Levemir and can't find the answer..
    Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

2. GrantGam

GrantGam Type 1 · Well-Known Member

There shouldn't be any problem with only an hour and a half delay. It's possible that you may see a slight rise in BGL as a result of the 90 minute delay but I'd be surprised if it was significant in any way.
    Grant

3. Nutty72

Nutty72 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

That's great thanks @GrantHam1337, she's on a residential trip - I might just sleep a bit better now.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

4. GrantGam

GrantGam Type 1 · Well-Known Member

No worries. I find Levemir to be pretty good and have taken it 4 hours either side of my normal time due to heading out, etc and it's never caused me any problems.

I tend to take it at the same time religiously, but it's nice to know it's fairly flexible.

Grant

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook