Liberty Medical

shirleymarye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Sport !
Has anyone else seen these emails from Liberty Medical offering a free meter! I seem to be getting bombarded with them,is it a scam?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
The only Liberty Medical I know of is in the US. Is this what you mean ??

shirleymarye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Sport !
I don't know where the messages are coming from,I get at least half a dozen a day!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
shirleymarye said:
I don't know where the messages are coming from,I get at least half a dozen a day!

It's an American Site.....Spam.
Put them into your junk e-mail folder and make sure they are marked as 'Spam.' That will stop them.

Make sure 'pop up's' are blocked too. Keep control of what is displayed on your PC.

You must ensure that you have some sort of protection from these things as that is where many viruses etc gain access to your PC.

C

catherinecherub

As Ken says, it is a U.S. firm offering free meters. Class them as spam and you won't get anymore. There are plenty of free/cheap meters about. It is the strips that would be a problem if you took up their offer and it is the strips that are a problem for people who have to fund them Imagine having to import them, that would put the cost up.

shirleymarye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Sport !
I do have 2 meters! The one I usually use is an Ascensia Contour and I get my strips on prescription from GP. I normally just ring the companies that make them when I have had them for a couple of years till I get an offer of a new one for free. Don't think I have ever bought one.

The emails do pop into my spam folder but I wanted to find out if they were genuine or not.