Libre 2 Alarm and iPhones

Ljm84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Everyone

Hope you can help me.

How do those of you using an iPhone and Libre 2 get on with the warning alarms?
I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and have not managed to get it to give the low/high blood glucose alarms, only occasionally would it work and it didn’t seem to be related to how close to the sensor it was.
I gave up and now pair sensors with the Libre reader first which works well but it’s another thing to carry around and charge.
I scan, track and note everything through the app on my phone and have been doing this for well over a year as it’s what I did with the original Libre, scanning works fine.
I wonder if it could be the model?
My phone has taken a bit of a tumble and it looks like I’ll need to get a new (well, refurbished) one. If I could get one that these alarms reliably work on it would make a huge difference.

Thanks
Lea

Ljm84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just to add, it’s the LibreLink app I use and I have seen the compatible phones thread here which is really helpful but my problem is with the alarms, the phone is great with general scanning and the app.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I’ve got the I Phone 12 mini and have recently ( last 3 months ) been using it with the Libre 2 , I previously used the reader , I have to admit I have had no probs at all alarms work fine I did switch the alarm off that tells me when my phone was out of range was a pain in the butt as I don’t keep my phone close to me all the time which is quite rare these days me thinks, I use the libre link app I’ve heard many people say about other devices being Bluetooth linked sometimes affecting alarms ,

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also have the I Phone 12 mini. Works brilliantly in every which way. Like @Ushthetaff have switched off out of range alarm as it drove me up the wall.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use i phone x & scan with LibreLink app & don’t have any problems, I’ve got signal loss turned off as well

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Are all the problems we hear only with SE phones?

I was actually going to ask this particular question this weekend as I have an 'itch' that I'm certain will only be soothed by an iPhone 14 next month:happy:. I have been an Android geek forever and have been hesitating because of these reports, so hope I'll hear a resounding confirmation of the other iPhones.
32.png

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the iPhone 12, goes off randomly without reason all hours of the night, gives my wife the hump and believe me she don’t need any help in that department so I turned off alarms. Happy wife, happy….. errr, no idea

…Just playing

…about the alarms

Colliewobbles

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My last sensor didnt alarm, i rang up libre and they replaced and this was sent back.. tthey check everything and say if new one doesn work is your phone we check that.. but the new one arrived and it was the sensor, new one worked