Libre 2 alarm not working

B17_Fan

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My mum changed her sensor on Friday, and since then, the low and high glucose alarms haven't worked. She gets a message saying low glucose alarm on the front of her phone, but it doesn't make a sound. The notification volume is up and she's not had a problem before. Any ideas why this is happening?

sue512

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people
My mum changed her sensor on Friday, and since then, the low and high glucose alarms haven't worked. She gets a message saying low glucose alarm on the front of her phone, but it doesn't make a sound. The notification volume is up and she's not had a problem before. Any ideas why this is happening?
Give abbot a ring, they can be very helpful

pk111

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you looked at the alarm settings in the libre app? You can select the alarm tone - perhaps it has defaulted to silent. I had a problem following the recent Apple software update where my alarms were silent during the night when I have my phone set to “sleep” mode. The “override do not disturb” had been switched off during the software update. Easy to fix but it took me a few days to work out what was happening!

B17_Fan

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah problem sorted...the notifications were on discreet, instead of sound and vibration! But in the meantime, we changed the sensor with 11 days to go on it!

Reactions: pk111