Libre 2 alarms

jonnnewman

Hi all,

I’ve seen lots of posts about the Libre 2 alarms, but none with this issue. Apologies if it’s already covered elsewhere.

I’ve got my Libre 2 set up for alarms. It’s supposed to alert me when I go below 3.6 and my IPhone it is set up for notifications, including Critical alerts which will override anything…

HOWEVER I never get the alerts unless I’ve manually scanned and already know that I’m low/going low which makes the alarm redundant.

E.g. I’ve just woken up at 2am and scanned myself with a reading of 3.2 and about 30 seconds after I’ve scanned it, the alert goes off to inform me that I’m below 3.6…

I’m really lucky, I have great hypo awareness, but it’s annoying. If the sensor has a feature I want it to work properly..

Has anyone else experience this with the Libre 2? Any suggestions?

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It sounds obvious but how close is your phone at all times?
The other aspect is the speed which these events are happening. I tend to notice alarms are a bit sluggish if my levels are rising/falling quickly. The technology is playing catch up.

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Hi @jonnnewman ,
I have exactly the same issues! For a few weeks i believed i don't hear the alarm because at the moment i have to take lots of heavy pain medicine but now i had a few hypos and hypers in the daytime without the reader going off! Maybe we should complain to Abbott?

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Alarms weren't working for me with the reader and Abbott sent 2 new sensors saying it was the sensors that were faulty, then sent a new reader, which was no better.

jonnnewman

It sounds obvious but how close is your phone at all times?
The other aspect is the speed which these events are happening. I tend to notice alarms are a bit sluggish if my levels are rising/falling quickly. The technology is playing catch up.
Good thoughts but the phone is only like a foot or two away and the lows were a decent way away. It just happened again a I thought to get a screen shot this time. Also, this time it’s highlighted more so because I wasn’t as good at waking up for it

Attachments

• FAA6941C-6E5B-457B-93C2-4CC83E57FBD0.jpeg
    FAA6941C-6E5B-457B-93C2-4CC83E57FBD0.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 52

jonnnewman

Hi @jonnnewman ,
I have exactly the same issues! For a few weeks i believed i don't hear the alarm because at the moment i have to take lots of heavy pain medicine but now i had a few hypos and hypers in the daytime without the reader going off! Maybe we should complain to Abbott?
Definitely shall, let me know what you hear back and I’ll do the same for you.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry if I'm telling you stuff you already know but...

Alarms only work on the device you started the sensor with.

Alarms communicate over bluetooth.

It sounds to me that if alarms only go off when you scan, then that value was picked up with NFC and not over BT.

Any help?