Libre 2 and hearing aids

GrayDrever

Hi there thanks for having me in the group
I am desperate to go on the Libre 2 but my only concern is that I wear Bluetooth hearing aids and I understand Libre 2 uses Bluetooth and are concerned I can’t use both at the same time.

Are there any users here that also have Bluetooth hearing aids?

I live in Australia and have met brick walls getting anything out of Abbott Australia or Abbott UK!!!
Apologies if this question has been previously addressed
Thanks
Gray

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there thanks for having me in the group
I am desperate to go on the Libre 2 but my only concern is that I wear Bluetooth hearing aids and I understand Libre 2 uses Bluetooth and are concerned I can’t use both at the same time.

Are there any users here that also have Bluetooth hearing aids?

I live in Australia and have met brick walls getting anything out of Abbott Australia or Abbott UK!!!
Apologies if this question has been previously addressed
Thanks
Gray

Hi Gray,

Welcome to the forum.

To date the Libre2 isn't available in Eroupe. Though, we do have a German member @Wurst who I believe uses the L2 which can be obtained in his region.

Regarding Bluetooth; I've used cordless head phones (similar principles?) in proximity to others doing simalar. & never experienced any issue.
Most devices have an individual coding for pairing up.

I do however use an additional BT transmitter for the first Libre which NFC scans & sends the reading to my phone.
To the best of my knowledge not had issue either.

Hopefully someone will be along better informed on your query..

Kind regards.

Reactions: GrayDrever

GrayDrever

Thanks for that. I’ve seen a few reviews of in on YouTube in UK and Europe and read an article from Abbott saying it was available at end of 2018. No one mentioned what I need to know.
I might take a punt and start on the current model here and hope Libre 2 will work. You have given me confidence.
Gray

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I use a Libre 2 and I also use a Apple watch and airpods and use a few other things that are Bluetooth and I haven't found anything that interferers with it just now and then it may lose the signal but what is new but anyway it only does that if you are 6 meters away from it and have something in between it like a wooden door or brick wall when you charge your phone but I've certainly never had any problems with it and I would recommend it to you to use as it's only a little bump on your arm and you get the signal always with your results and it doesn't feel out of place when you wear it just you have to watch if you nick any small vessels under the skin but otherwise it's pain free to use unlike the blood meters

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Also forgot to mention that I am from the UK and I have used the Libre 2 for a couple of years now and know the app and what the sensors feel and do like

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use Phonak Audeo hearings aids. I did use Libre 2 and did not have any issues with the blue tooth. I now use dexcom 1 and have not experienced any issues with these either

Good luck