Libre #2 experiences ?

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I had my 3 monthly doctors appointment today where I was told I would be changing to the Libre mark 2, no arguments !

I didn't know it even existed and , bar a couple of dodgy sensors, I've been quite happy with the #1 version.

Anyone know anything about this new libre (sensors and reader) or have any experiences ?

D

Deleted Account

I didn't think version 2 had been released yet - from other conversations, it looks as if it will be available in April.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, @Wurst , I see from your profile that you are in Germany. Abbott decided to launch it there first, with a view to rolling out across Europe during 2019.

There's an Italian site (there's an English translation) comparing L1 and L2.

https://www.deebee.it/?p=16550

The big difference is that L2 has bluetooth built into it, so that you get hypo and hyper alerts (although they are fairly primitive) as the sensor will be pinging readings automatically to the new reader every minute, so the reader will ring or buzz if it's too high or low. You've still got to scan to see results, so it's not proper cgm but many will still find the hypo alerts reassuring, especially at night.

Abbott has also said that with L2, they are going to be calibrating each one individually, instead of in batches, so there are hopes that this might reduce the chances of getting rogue sensors.

The same site has another article, reporting on attempts to get info out of it to work with cgm apps like xdrip+ and spike, which are way more sophisticated than the L2 alerts:

https://www.deebee.it/?p=16598

Looks like you may be one of the first posters here to get your hands on one, so we'll look forward to your review of it!

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Looks like you may be one of the first posters here to get your hands on one, so we'll look forward to your review of it!

Thanks for the info, looks like i'll be a Guinea pig after Easter. The hypo/hyper alerts sound very promising indeed.