Libre 2 faulty sensors

Emck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone,

Just checking if anyone else has had similarly bad experiences with the Libre 2 sensors…

Overall, I’ve definitely found that the adhesive is not as strong compared with the original libre. Maybe it’s the lack of alcohol swab- did it maybe create a better adhesive surface? With the hot weather and exercise causing me to melt into a sweaty puddle I am lucky to get a week out of a libre 2 normally!

However, since last Saturday, I have gone through 4 separate sensors. Whilst changing on Saturday one came off (after about 3 days use), then on Monday one stopped working after a workout, today one just stopped working out of the blue and the one that I used to replace it had a shoddy applicator and the needle that guides the filament into the skin got broke off and got stuck in my arm.

I am going to call abbot about all of these issues, but I wanted to check if the problems were across the board??

I’m lucky that I get 4sensors at a time as my prescription. Hopefully this last one I have on hangs on until Abbot can replace the rest!!

Lakeslover

Yes, I’ve had to have at least every other one replaced due to one occasionally coming off (despite using an alcohol wipe and tegaderm over it), or more often it just stopping working before the 14 days is up. Abbott always replace it but sometimes it takes three weeks to get the replacement as they are very slow. I self fund and if it wasn’t for the fact that there isn’t a similarly priced alternative, and the info it gives is so useful I would have stopped/changed provider by now.

Emck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes, I’ve had to have at least every other one replaced due to one occasionally coming off (despite using an alcohol wipe and tegaderm over it), or more often it just stopping working before the 14 days is up. Abbott always replace it but sometimes it takes three weeks to get the replacement as they are very slow. I self fund and if it wasn’t for the fact that there isn’t a similarly priced alternative, and the info it gives is so useful I would have stopped/changed provider by now.
That’s so annoying! They are pricey so you really do need them to work!!

Ross94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had to replace every sensor of the last 5 or 6. They are fine for 12 hours or so, then just fail. Abbott replace them, but the same thing keeps happening. This only started a few weeks ago.

Emck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had to replace every sensor of the last 5 or 6. They are fine for 12 hours or so, then just fail. Abbott replace them, but the same thing keeps happening. This only started a few weeks ago.
I’ve had 2 more fail/fall off this week.

my issues have only really started since I’ve swapped to libre 2!!

Reactions: scoop