Libre 2 Sensor

Chris Wood

Hi, has anyone else had problems since switching to the Libre 2 sensor?
I am regularly (3 or 4 times a day) getting sensor error message, try again in 10 minutes.
More worryingly, I am finding that the readings are inaccurate in comparison to blood glucose checks. The sensor will alarm indicating a low blood glucose level but when checked, I have found a huge difference.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have found my Libre 2 more accurate than Libre 1.
However, I found it took longer to "bed in" When did you insert your sensor?

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I moved to Libre 2 about a month ago. First two sensors worked well and were more accurate than Libre 1. Unfortunately I had one fail overnite, it alarmed 3 times saying low, finger prick showed that was not the case. I eventually got through to Abbot after numerous attempts and they agreed to replace that sensor. The one I replaced it with did not insert as the needle part was bent. I failed to get through to Abbot about that one. I will try again in the morning.

Hope Libre 3 comes along soon

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I had one Libre 2 that started off a bit unreliable, and had a couple of low BG alarms which werent. However after that it settled down.

In general I find the Libre 2 more accurate than the original Libre.

One thing I do get is "out of range" alarms when the phone is in my breast pocket next to the arm with the sensor. I see no logical reason.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I am not using it but in a Facebook group that I am a member of, I noticed a few posts from people reporting that the sensor was not released by the applicator when they tried fix it on their arm.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I had one Libre 2 that started off a bit unreliable, and had a couple of low BG alarms which werent. However after that it settled down.

In general I find the Libre 2 more accurate than the original Libre.

One thing I do get is "out of range" alarms when the phone is in my breast pocket next to the arm with the sensor. I see no logical reason.

Updated to add that my last Libre 2 was reading around 1 full unit low (not always, but mainly) and the replacement is so far reading one full unit high.

At least these may cancel out on long term averages but it is disconcerting to go from a lowish reading to a highish reading with an hour's gap when one sensor finishes and the next one is ready.