Libre 2 Sensor

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ok just started a new sensor dog going loopy at delivery driver and managed to catch it and ripped it out!
very stupid question is there any possible way to re-insert this? ‍♀️♀️♀️

• Hug
Reactions: Antje77

Lakeslover

No there is no way to reinsert it.

Abbot will usually replace them if they fall off. Not sure whether they will if you tell them the dog caught it, but it’s worth a try!

Reactions: Tracyann35

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok just started a new sensor dog going loopy at delivery driver and managed to catch it and ripped it out!
very stupid question is there any possible way to re-insert this? ‍♀️♀️♀️
Unfortunately not. The whole set up is a single insertion. If you are prescribed the Libre? Put in an early script?
Or ring Abbott. If questioned by your surgery (or if a repeat “batch” like mine direct from the chemist?) explain the last one went wrong.. “it just fell off..” Which is what it did..

Dogs & strange guys.. yep, I get it. I place mine inside the arm? Opposite side. Less chance of a catch on a guitarist’s headstock or a rowdy punter. Unless we hug?

Reactions: Tracyann35

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I know abbot recommend the outside of the arm , and I know if your new to the system its the obvious place to put it but in my experience ( of several years ) of using the Libre , there are other places to put it , definetly on the inside of the upper arm works for me , I’ve checked the Libre against a finger prick and readings are definetly acceptable .and I’ve not had any bumped off, I’m a bit of an experimenter and have used different places for my sensor , chest belly to name but 2 , as a side note , if I have had to get a new from Abbot due to a fault , I’ve never been asked where I put my sensor , I imagine if I was I would say outside of arm , oh what a little devil I am hehehe

Reactions: Zinadane

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Inside upper arm for me. No more door knock offs.
Have lost one or two that have caught on my t-shirt sleeve whilst doing manual tasks. Abbot always replace.
I try and always add an adhesive cover patch, vastly reduces knock offs. Packs 20 on ebay for a few pounds.
As long as you have enough fat so as in the interstitual fluid, I believe results will be the same.

Reactions: Bludnok

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
No there is no way to reinsert it.

Abbot will usually replace them if they fall off. Not sure whether they will if you tell them the dog caught it, but it’s worth a try!
They did for me once when a curious kitten managed to pry it off while I was sleeping, overpatch and all!