Libre 2 Sensors failing

Janet E

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One sensor failed to start and the replacement failed the following morning. I use a Libre 2 Reader. I have requested a call back from Free Style Libre, but meanwhile any advice would be appreciated.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I would keep phoning them til you get through , they will replace them

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How does it fail? If it falls off, that could be about arm preparation and positioning,
But if it fails on the app, that is not likely to be something you can resolve.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One sensor failed to start and the replacement failed the following morning. I use a Libre 2 Reader. I have requested a call back from Free Style Libre, but meanwhile any advice would be appreciated.
Is the replacement still attached?
If so…
Have you tried starting with the phone app & not the reader??

Thomas Cahill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I too tried to set up a Libre 2 and failed. They sent me a new one, as the help was unable to say anything on the phone. They did say it should work with my iPhone, an iPhone SE. Anyone have ideas how I might set it up correctly. I can only see a diabetes professional in a week, which might solve the problem. Any ideas?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I too tried to set up a Libre 2 and failed. They sent me a new one, as the help was unable to say anything on the phone. They did say it should work with my iPhone, an iPhone SE. Anyone have ideas how I might set it up correctly. I can only see a diabetes professional in a week, which might solve the problem. Any ideas?
Hi,

When you tap the NFC part of your phone to the sensor, what happens?

Thomas Cahill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure what NFC means, but when I tap the top end of the phone, as in the simple picture in the instructions, absolutely nothing happens, no promised beep, nothing.
Sorry not to reply quickly, I was out tonight, without the phone turned on.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure what NFC means, but when I tap the top end of the phone, as in the simple picture in the instructions, absolutely nothing happens, no promised beep, nothing.
Have you tried touching your phone to your senso until it beeps?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It stands for Near Field Communication.

The NFC aerial could be anywhere inside the back cover on a phone?
I’ve had one on the right hand side looking at the back. Another phone I had has been one near the camera lens.
My current phone it’s 2/3rds towards the bottom…

You might need to touch the sensor with other rear sections of your phone to pick up a signal?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That is a great link.

But oddly with my phone listed it suggests the NFC sweet spot is in the red square zone which I’ve just tried & it works?
I’ve had this phone since the spring & been using this spot marked with an X..

Very helpful link..

You_Doodle_2023-11-03T16_55_01Z.jpeg

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
I thought I had a faulty one when I first got it, then discovered that in order to get it started I had to tap the little icon that looks like a series of )))) top right of the app, then move my phone over the sensor until it vibrated (the phone). I still haven’t found the sweet spot on my phone, but if I move it over the sensor it will eventually work.
I still sometimes forget to tap the icon when I need to do a reading after my phone has been out of range and the signal was lost.

Thomas Cahill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I found out (from the makers) after two long phone calls that the ap does not work on my phone, an iPhone SE. They told me at first, short call, that it did. But after a lot faff by nice guy who KNEW (they now too) that it does not work on my phone, so I got a reader. I am going to change to DEXCOMM device after checking that it does work. Carrying around the phone and a reader is useful but a bit of a pain. The device works.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I have an iPhone se and the app has worked on my phone since I bought it in may !