1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Libre 2 setting alarms at night

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by 1974darrench, Aug 20, 2021.

1. 1974darrench

1974darrench · Newbie

Hi.

Just gone into Libre 2 and have set the alarms (which work) but when I go to bed, how do I silence my phone except for the Libre alarms? I've tried changing all sorts on my phone but the only way the Libre alarms work is if I leave my ringer on at night and get loads of Facebook notifications. If I turn the WiFi off, Libre insists it be left on. Getting annoyed.

2. Lakeslover

Lakeslover · Well-Known Member

It should work if you turn the wifi off, but leave the Bluetooth on. So don’t use airplane mode which turns both off.

3. Dustydog

Dustydog Type 1 · Member

I use an I-phone and literally turn off volume and to be fair I do hear the vibration but like yourself do get annoyed when the alarm goes off for the slightest fluctuation in blood glucose levels is annoying but just think of the consequences?

4. nicki92

nicki92 Type 1 · Active Member

I set my iPhone to sleep mode overnight, that silences everything, then in the Libre app you can choose to allow the alarms despite do not disturb. Works for me!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook