Libre 2

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Just a quick one. Has the Libre 2 been released in the U.K.? Also I have the sensor from the original Libre and I’m wondering, with this work with the Libre 2?

Thank you all.
NC

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Just a quick one. Has the Libre 2 been released in the U.K.? Also I have the sensor from the original Libre and I’m wondering, with this work with the Libre 2?

Thank you all.
NC

Hi Naija,

Do you mean you have a Bluetooth add on transmitter for the MK1 libre, like a Miaomiao? & wondering about its compatibility with the L2?

From what I can gather, the L2 is not available in the UK yet. But at no extra cost has its own Bluetooth transmitter.. (Which is why I'm personally holding out for the L2 to see what it can do before looking at add ons?)

I'll tag in @Wurst , who I believe has had experience of the L2 in Germany. (My apologies if my memory serves me wrong.)

Reactions: NaijaChick

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
I was just yesterday googling to see if the Libre 2 is now available in the UK. Yesterday i had two hypos and became only aware of it when i was below 3.

deborabaratto

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos and hypers
Hey! I live in Germany and I'm using the Libre 2 for about 2 months now - and no, you have to get a new reader as well, it doesn't work with the Libre 1 reader.
I think it should be released soon in the UK, but they didn't set up a release yet, from what I searched.

Reactions: enzina

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you all. Libre 2 has no set release date but hoping to get it when it comes out.