Libre 2

Elaine karen

I recently asked if anyone had a problem with the libre 2 bleeding through the sensor hole. Sum people said it had happened and one person said it still worked fine. I've had 3 bleeds now and kept the last one on and it's worked perfect. But I'm due to change it Saturday and tempted to put it on my leg. I've told DN and thy said bcos of lubre licence it should be on the arm. But my arm feels so bruised and I've seen on utube people put it on tight, tummy, and chest. Nurse said take no notice of these sites. Can I just ask anyone on here who uses libre 2 if they are putting it on other parts of the body. Many thanks

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I recently asked if anyone had a problem with the libre 2 bleeding through the sensor hole. Sum people said it had happened and one person said it still worked fine. I've had 3 bleeds now and kept the last one on and it's worked perfect. But I'm due to change it Saturday and tempted to put it on my leg. I've told DN and thy said bcos of lubre licence it should be on the arm. But my arm feels so bruised and I've seen on utube people put it on tight, tummy, and chest. Nurse said take no notice of these sites. Can I just ask anyone on here who uses libre 2 if they are putting it on other parts of the body. Many thanks

Hi,

Yes, I use the inside of the arm.. I get the odd bleeder. But no issues with accuracy or bruising.
Find what works for you...

Reactions: Elaine karen

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Elaine karen , just thought i'd also add. I've seen those YouTube vlogs too.
I check them out from time to time. :)

Real diabetics pioneering these "alternative" sensor sites for personal practical reasons...
Your nurse maybe should try planting a sensor about their person fortnighly? & see what also works for them? ;)

My endo & nurse don't seem that bothered by my site of choice.

Reactions: Elaine karen

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use my chest as well as my arms (like you my arms were getting sore), and they seem to be as accurate as each other. Like Jaylee said, my nurse and endo are fine with wherever I want to place them.