Libre 2

lynbrown

Hello I like my Libre but need a bit advice please. I cannot unscrew the two pieces that contain the sensor, I need to get my husband to do this. Maybe my hands arent as strong as they used to be, I'm OAP. Any tips?

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Lynbrown

I have similar issues to yourself with my hands. I use a bottle / jar opener to help here. The one I use is a zyliss make. Pictures below are from Amazon. Hope this is of some help

Roll over image to zoom in
  • 31F7JfiGRlL._AC_US40_.jpg
  • 41d7KJhEmZL._AC_US40_.jpg
  • 41pfdxvUgYL._AC_US40_.jpg
  • 414oVIY-PDL._AC_US40_.jpg
  • 41MkVC94kdL._AC_US40_.jpg
  • 41SQrE0uZCL._AC_US40_.jpg
  • 21vlA2qfdxL.SS40_BG85,85,85_BR-120_PKdp-play-icon-overlay__.jpg
    VIDEO

Zyliss StrongBoy Jar Opener, Grey

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I too have the same problem, so use 2 pieces of anti-slip matting, the type used to stop plates slipping on a tray. You can buy it on a roll from many places on line including Amazon and Lakeland. It enables you keep a grip on the bottom piece of the Libre applicator, whilst turning the top. Great for all sorts of uses!!

Lewis Kelday

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello I like my Libre but need a bit advice please. I cannot unscrew the two pieces that contain the sensor, I need to get my husband to do this. Maybe my hands aren't as strong as they used to be,

Good job I have strong hands:) I just wrench it open, hearing it break;. I replaced my last sensor today because it failed 8 days before it should. I've been buying replacements from Amazon - good job I can afford to - the NHS give you 29 a year, and only because I have diabetic striatopathy. Regards, be strong :) Life is for living !

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome to the forum @Lewis Kelday. If you contact Abbott, they will replace sensors that have stopped working early, or are reading very different to blood tests (taking into account the time lag between finger prick tests and the Libre).