Libre 3 with Apple Watch (without the iPhone)

misst1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi,

Anyone that knows a way to get the Apple Watch (or any other watch) to read the Libre 3 sensor directly? Sometimes I go out and it would be so practical to be able to read through the watch (without the iphone nearby). Since the Libre 3 have light bluetooth, I cannot understand why this is not possible. Is it purely a software barrier? Any hacks out there?

Many thanks!

Mike88

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello
Can't answer your question, I'm afraid, but am interested to hear how you're finding the L3. Is it good? Better than the L2?
Thanks very much

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Might be worth expanding your research critera to Libre 2 as well. It also talks Bluetooth once a minute to the app. Alternatively you could look at 3rd party apps. An android one that would do it is Juggluco amongst others. I’m sure there are iOS ones too.

• Agree
Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Anyone that knows a way to get the Apple Watch (or any other watch) to read the Libre 3 sensor directly? Sometimes I go out and it would be so practical to be able to read through the watch (without the iphone nearby). Since the Libre 3 have light bluetooth, I cannot understand why this is not possible. Is it purely a software barrier? Any hacks out there?

Many thanks!
Hi,

Regarding, “any other watch.’ I do have a Watlaa one which works as a stand alone reader. Using pretty much a stripped back version of xDrip as the firmware.. But that is using a Bluetooth bridge called a Bubble mini sending scanning a libre 2 & pushing the data to the watch every 5 minutes. There are vibrating alarms too..
I’ve no idea how it would work with an L3. Abbott probably changed the algorithm again..

• Informative
Reactions: EllieM

misst1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
You can use Gluroo and Nightguard to see the glucose reading on your iwatch
Hi! Thanks so with this solution the watch connects directly with the Libre 3 sensor? And I can leave the phone if I got out and still get the readings?

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Hi! Thanks so with this solution the watch connects directly with the Libre 3 sensor? And I can leave the phone if I got out and still get the readings?

No.. currently there is no direct connection option.. it’s being worked on. Has for some time but it’s battery intensive

But for apple not doable for the time being

• Informative
Reactions: EllieM

SimonP78

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No.. currently there is no direct connection option.. it’s being worked on. Has for some time but it’s battery intensive

But for apple not doable for the time being
I assume you're talking about Apple, which makes sense as it's the topic of the thread, however for the avoidance of any doubt for those browsing the thread, Juggluco can do this on Android devices (libre3 and direct to an Android Wear watch): https://www.juggluco.nl/Juggluco/libre3/

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I assume you're talking about Apple, which makes sense as it's the topic of the thread, however for the avoidance of any doubt for those browsing the thread, Juggluco can do this on Android devices (libre3 and direct to an Android Wear watch): https://www.juggluco.nl/Juggluco/libre3/

as can xdrip!

But you are correct the question is apple watch and the last line of my response quoted apple watch

For which at this point there is no direct connect

Reactions: SimonP78