Libre 3?

RickyCantrell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who cause stress and drama
I've recently be moved on to the libre 3 sensor from the libre 2 and I couldn't recommend it more! Seeing people posts on here about scanning problems is crazy.. If anyone else is on the libre 3 Hello

Reactions: EllieM and Antje77

RickyCantrell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who cause stress and drama
How did you manage to get L3?
I get referred for it I had a appointment with a nurse just a normal check up appointment which was pretty rough basically all he told me was that I was going to die with in the next 7-10 years with how my diabetes was.. I got a appointment with another nurse a few weeks after and she told me that my diabetes control is better now than its ever been A1C is now 64 slower going down then she offered me the Libre 3. If might be worth ringing and speaking to them and saying you really need it

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I get referred for it I had a appointment with a nurse just a normal check up appointment which was pretty rough basically all he told me was that I was going to die with in the next 7-10 years with how my diabetes was.. I got a appointment with another nurse a few weeks after and she told me that my diabetes control is better now than its ever been A1C is now 64 slower going down then she offered me the Libre 3. If might be worth ringing and speaking to them and saying you really need it
Wow!

I wish it was that easy here.

AFAIK the NHS only approve it for looping pumps, not for regular cgm. I'm on at my consultant all the time and currently waiting for reply from my MP.

Good luck anyway.

Mike88

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you in the UK? Would you mind telling me where in the country?

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I took a stab based on Ricky's location and checked out the local Formulary and it isn't on there. I can't figure how they can put it on prescription without. Hope he can tell us more.

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I took a stab based on Ricky's location and checked out the local Formulary and it isn't on there. I can't figure how they can put it on prescription without. Hope he can tell us more.
Waiting eagerly for further information….!

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
For those not lucky enough to be prescribed Libre3, are you aware you can tweak Libre 2 easily so you do not need to scan. And you can calibrate it.
I would be interested in the benefit of Libre 3 over Libre 2 with an app like xDrip or Shuggah apart from size.

TheLaund

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For those not lucky enough to be prescribed Libre3, are you aware you can tweak Libre 2 easily so you do not need to scan. And you can calibrate it.
I would be interested in the benefit of Libre 3 over Libre 2 with an app like xDrip or Shuggah apart from size.
What's the tweak please?

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The Libre 2 sends BG every minute for the app to use for alarm purposes. Rather wastefully it just discards these 'real time' numbers. There are a number of apps developed by non-Abbott developers to harvest these readings and display them as a real time graph, and other functions such as alarms.

I personally use Juggluco on Android, but there are others, Shuggah for iOS, Diabox & Xdrip for Android.

All (I believe) can coexist with LibreLink so you can send data to your LV account. Most of the apps do this as well to some extent.

HTH

M

Matt2023

Hi there,

Not sure how much relevance this has to this post, but I had this email from Abbott UK only a few days ago talking about the Libre 3 sensor

"
Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting Abbott's diabetes care division.

At this stage, the FreeStyle Libre 3 system is available via the NHS Supply Chain Insulin Pumps,
Continuous Glucose Monitoring, Closed Loop Insulin Delivery Systems and Associated Products
framework. It is not available for people to purchase directly from Abbott.

The Libre 2 sensors cost 48.29 pounds each.

Should you have any questions, we are here to help. Please contact us on 0800 1701177* or by email on [email protected].

Yours Sincerely,
Angel
Customer Careline Team UK & Ireland
Abbott's diabetes care division"

Thanks

GeordieMark88

Anyone else been set up with Libre 3 yet?

I asked my DSN about it who referred it across to consultant and he did a telephone conversation with me.

Funding is approved and I have had an email from Abbott about their Libre 3 portal, how deliveries will work and how to order new supplies as can’t get from GP yet.

Reactions: XxTinkerxx