Libre and smart scales

sninge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is it ok to use smart scales if you are wearing a libre sensor?!?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Snidge, it might be helpful to describe your smart scales, but to be honest, if we can go through airport scanners, and some medical machinary, I doubt you, the sensor or the scales will be harmed..

I have the Omron BF511 which aren't bluetooth, if that's what you mean, but they do use electrical impedence as part of their measurements.

sninge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good point re airports etc, will give them a go in the morning, only have 2 days left on this sensor anyway!! They are supposed to let you know body fat% etc so thought i would give them a try. Thank you.

D

Deleted member 308541

I think you would be perfectly ok as people have smart phones, smart televisions and other appliances that are smart, and also wear sensors.

sninge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you!!
Didnt really think about it until I did that old fashioned thing ( read the instructions ) and it said ' do not use if you use a wearable or implanted devise like a defibullator or pacemaker' just made me wonder.

D

Deleted member 308541

Didnt really think about it until I did that old fashioned thing ( read the instructions ) and it said ' do not use if you use a wearable or implanted devise like a defibullator or pacemaker' just made me wonder.
That's because the libre sensor could send the pacemaker out of step with the heart, I think if you got a jolt from a defibrillator it would not do the sensor any good.