Libre Freestyle

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
Thanks for all your replies , I will certainly push for a Libre when I feel better , you might have seen on another post that my wife has been diagnosed with cancer and maybe only have months to live so my mind is on other things at the moment .

• Hug
Reactions: JohnEGreen

onnecar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Football, Icy weather, Getting old.
Thanks for all your replies , I will certainly push for a Libre when I feel better , you might have seen on another post that my wife has been diagnosed with cancer and maybe only have months to live so my mind is on other things at the moment .
So sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you. I'm a widow myself. My husband died of cancer in 2011. I also lost my beloved dog last year. Do you still have the gorgeous cats in your photo?

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
So sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you. I'm a widow myself. My husband died of cancer in 2011. I also lost my beloved dog last year. Do you still have the gorgeous dogs in your photo?
Still have the little ***** cats , they have just turned 9 and are brother and sister ,sorry to hear about losing your dog last year it is so heart breaking when they go isn't it .

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I don't know why it blocked out the word before cats when I posted this !

Reactions: onnecar

onnecar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Football, Icy weather, Getting old.
Still have the little ***** cats , they have just turned 9 and are brother and sister ,sorry to hear about losing your dog last year it is so heart breaking when they go isn't it .
It really is heart-breaking. I still miss him, but due to certain health issues wouldn't risk another dog. I now live somewhere where pets are not allowed. Luckily I'm still mobile and fit in many ways so like to go walking and out in nature as much as possible. I've unfortunately reached the stage where it's virtually impossible to control my diabetes with diet or meds and have started on insulin. It happens to some people as insulin production can drop later on in the disease. Some people don't realise that, and think that it must be because you are doing something wrong or you aren't doing something you should. I've been through the whole diet control and even reversed it. Things happen that you can't always do anything about, particularly as you age.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

DavidDK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jawak, I am very sorry to hear your news and my thoughts are with you at this time.