Libre from new country

Jessitalia

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone,
I got prescribed Libre in Italy and then we moved to Singapore. My Italian libreS finished today, so I started using my bought () Singaporen libre. I had to get the Singaporen LibreLink app and have just logged onto libreview to check its ok.
It’s not!
Do I need to start a new libreview account for Singapore? Therefore “losing” 2 years of data?
Any ideas? Thanks, and healthy happy lockdown Friday.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,
I got prescribed Libre in Italy and then we moved to Singapore. My Italian libreS finished today, so I started using my bought () Singaporen libre. I had to get the Singaporen LibreLink app and have just logged onto libreview to check its ok.
It’s not!
Do I need to start a new libreview account for Singapore? Therefore “losing” 2 years of data?

Hi,

Interesting question. I wouldn't have thought libres were "regional" like certain licensing on media?
Unless the actual app is.? But that would be silly regarding user international travel?

Would the Singaporen Libre activate using your Italian app?

I have read of some regions not allowing the libre app to be downloaded.

I'll tag in @Antje77 , who lives in Holland & sourced libres in France..

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll tag in @Antje77 , who lives in Holland & sourced libres in France..
Those French sensors worked just fine on my Dutch app. I wouldn't know about Singaporean sensors of course.
I had to get the Singaporen LibreLink app and have just logged onto libreview to check its ok.
It’s not!
Do I need to start a new libreview account for Singapore?
What exactly went wrong with Libreview? Have you tried checking out the part with the arrow?
If that doesn't help, can you call customer service from where you are? They've been very helpful to me in the past, when I thought I'd lost all my data.

92735521_10220406281381448_9067438717982998528_o.jpg

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi everyone,
It’s not!

I don't fully know the answer to your question but were the sensors in Singapore less expensive than from within the EU?

They may be coded to stop 3rd parties buying cheap(er) sensors in Asia and importing them into Europe for sale at a marked up price.

I think I remember somebody in the forums discussing EU sensors not working on a Canadian reader or something similar.

But I could be talking nonsense so......as @ANTJE has suggested try calling the nearest Abbott office.

Reactions: Antje77

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't fully know the answer to your question but were the sensors in Singapore less expensive than from within the EU?

They may be coded to stop 3rd parties buying cheap(er) sensors in Asia and importing them into Europe for sale at a marked up price.

I think I remember somebody in the forums discussing EU sensors not working on a Canadian reader or something similar.

But I could be talking nonsense so......as @ANTJE has suggested try calling the nearest Abbott office.

Hi,

It definitely sounds a little like it could be a regional licensing issue a little like world distribution of DVDs.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

Which is a pain if it means one needs to set up a separate Libre link account after relocating to a different licenced region.

Reactions: Jessitalia

Jessitalia

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks guys, sorry for my delay I was trying to upload photos of what was going on (too difficult to explain without visuals!) but it wouldn’t let me and I gave up.

So I downloaded Singapore’s LibreLink and it’s all fine. I think it might be because Italy uses mg/dL but Singapore uses mmol/L. On the other hand, I’ve bought a British libre (mmol/L) before and used it with my Italian app, so maybe it’s a regional thing rather than country specific?

Also worth noting is that the Singaporean Libre seems to have an ever so slightly larger sticker (you can see the sticker once it’s on you arm by around 3mm)! I use Skin Tac because in Italy I rarely got them to stay on longer that a week in summer (it was very humid where we lived). It’s interesting Abbot have thought about this in Singapore but not in Europe- why couldn’t we all have bigger stickers? Surely helpful to everyone?

Anyway, life in lockdown proceeds with a functional libre. Stay safe everyone.

Reactions: Antje77