Libre - glue problems.

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone else had a sensor fall off? And perhaps worth being explicit with Abbott.

Last night my Sensor came off. I was not hot or anything and that is the first time the sensor has come off in bed.

I have had problems with my last three sensors all with an end date 30 - 09 - 2017.
The first fell straight off which I took on the chin because I admit when applied I was in France and it was baking hot - the second almost came off - saved by a plaster. Third one came off in bed as I say - and moreover, no stickiness on sensor or arm at all. Now my last set of sensors were like limpets so something has changed.

I called Abbott and explained. I made it really clear that I wanted the issue escalated because the sensor was bang on and such a pain to lose it.

He advised that I considered using a tack wipe (anyone heard of these?) and sticking tegaderm over it and making sure I allow the hole to breath (i.e. poke a hole in the plaster). Very similar to advice given to another poster in an earlier post.

Anyone else having glue issues?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone else having glue issues?

Some members here report the same thing. Personally I've had 8 sensors. Not one has fallen off, and my main problem is getting them off at the end of the 2 weeks. They stick like limpets.

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
First two both fell off, next two stuck like limpets and even when I pulled the rock tape off they stayed in place. This one has started to peel off even with rock tape so now has significant amount of tape holding it in place. If they're going to come off 3-4 days seems to be the time for me. Will check dates to see if they have same date as yours

Reactions: Fleegle

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some members here report the same thing. Personally I've had 8 sensors. Not one has fallen off, and my main problem is getting them off at the end of the 2 weeks. They stick like limpets.

yes typically mine do to - but the last three... grrrrr

gavin86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I had one move when I slept on it - slid about 2mm across, I presume slowly from pressure and warmth. It was due to come off anyway though.

If you haven't had trouble before, I guess it's either environmental or the product.
I will say that as long as you're clean, using the alcohol wipes seems like a bad idea to me - it's one thing that really can cut through glue.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app