Libre glue residue on skin

Siobhan

I think I have reacted to the glue from the Libre sensor I took a sensor off my right arm over a week ago and put a new one on my left arm, I used a anti adhesive spray and wipe on my right arm but I noticed today it feels rough and I have a perfect pink circle on my arm where the sensor was, does anyone have any tips for removing the residue and what to do to prevent this from happening again. Thank you

Peter119

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have an allergy to the glue (always had problems with sticking plasters) - red colouring, raised rough skin at site. It develops whilst the Libre attached so no benefit in special cleaning afterwards. in my case it usually goes away after a few days.

Siobhan

Thank you I have bought a ExpressionMed UnderPatch Adhesive Patch to go under the sensor so hopefully that will help!

plantae

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This might sound silly, but are you sure it's residue. On the libre there is a circular patch with adhesive on both sides. One side of this circular patch attaches to your skin, the other side to the libre (so the circular patch is in the middle). It's quite possible to remove the libre from the patch, while leaving the circular adhesive patch in place attached to the skin. This isn't what's happened is it?