LIBRE: How to Save Money

P

Peter_Sylvester

[NOTE: This is an extract from an extended thread, entitled LIBRE: My Life with the Machine, which can be found here…]

Libre - How to save money..!

I have now decided to take the plunge, and to make a longer term commitment to the FreeStyle Libre system.

So as I start to research how I can save money on my future purchases, I have discovered these ways (so far)...

As you get to checkout, you can do 2 things to reduce your final invoice...

(1) You can get the VAT amount removed
You should be given an option to declare yourself as diabetic and therefore VAT exempt during the checkout. This will happen when you place your (first) order on the Freestyle site. There's a form to fill in and this info gets stored with the rest of your customer info, and for subsequent orders you just need to tick the exemption option. Thats a 20% discount in the bag..!
(2) Get free delivery
When you order directly from Abbott (which is the only way that I have found to get supplies without paying a premium price), the system will add delivery costs. However, you can add a Promotion Code which will zero that cost. The code seems to change each month, and I have discovered these codes so far...
October 2017 - BCCFRD10
November 2017 - BCCFRD11
The codes only last for one month, and I would suspect that the code for December 2017 will be BCCFRD12

I suspect that there will be other codes, and please be assured that i will post them here as and when I uncover them...

Oh - and one last thing...
i found (by accident) that if you place an order in your Basket on the Freestyle Shop, but then DO NOT COMPLETE IT (just leave it unfinished), then within 24 hours, Abbott will send you an email with a Promo Code. It says that it will get you order delivered for free, and I just wonder if their system would offer further discounts if you leave items in the basket for longer periods. I will try, and let you know what happens...!

Good luck with your investment.
Peter

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @Peter_Sylvester for this. I had tried the November promo code with my last order a couple of weeks back but unfortunately it was rejected despite numerous attempts - still, no biggie - but that advice about leaving an order in the online basket is brilliant - I've used that wheeze on online clothing orders I've been undecided about, and it just hadn't occurred to me to do that with Abbott orders too!

Thanks for the tip!
:)

Reactions: Peter_Sylvester